The 2013 list of the 'World's Most Ethical Companies' has been published by Ethisphere.
The designation recognises companies that 'truly go beyond making statements about doing business ethically and translate those words into action'.
Honourees not only promote ethical business standards and practices internally, they exceed legal compliance minimums and shape future industry standards by introducing best practices today.
A record 145 companies made the list this year, and of those, here are the food-and-beverage-related companies included (in alphabetical order):
- Alcoa (metals and mining)
- All Good Organics (F&B)
- Aramark (foodservice)
- Ecolab (chemicals)
- Ethical Fruit Company (agriculture)
- illycaffè (coffee)
- Kellogg Company (F&B)
- Marks & Spencer (retail)
- Northumbrian Water Group (utilities, water)
- PepsiCo (F&B)
- Safeway (retail)
- Sonae (retail)
- Starbucks Coffee Company (coffee)
- Stora Enso (packaging)
- The Co-operative Group (retail)
- UPS (logistics)
- Whole Foods Market (retail).
- Corbion Purac's PLA resin certified as compostable by Vinçotte
- Yogurt brand The Collective launches on-pack promotion with Hotel du Vin
- PepsiCo India launches spicy butter variety of Kurkure corn puff snack
- Business > Social Responsibility