Archer Daniels Midland Company has signed an agreement to purchase a majority share of Elstar Oils SA.
Elstar is a Polish manufacturer of quality refined vegetable oils and fats for the food industry, and biodiesel for the energy market. The purchase is subject to approval by relevant antitrust authorities.
ADM's operations in Poland include an oilseeds crushing and refining facility in Szamotuly that refines and bottles retail vegetable oils, and country elevators in Slawa Wielkopolska and Chroscina.
ADM has a joint venture company, BTZ, consisting of an import and export terminal in the port of Gdynia and recently announced plans to jointly construct a new grain warehouse to expand capacity. The company also has a joint venture with Princes to expand the distribution of bottled vegetable oils in Poland.
- If you enjoyed this article, you may also like this: ADM to expand cocoa operations in Singapore
- Douwe Egberts redesigns packaging to reflect UTZ certification
- GlaxoSmithKline repositions Revive from Lucozade to drive sales
- Rabobank identifies three forces driving the hybrid consumer trend
- Food > Flavours
- Food > Ingredients
- Manufacturing > Processing