Dean Foods has announced that a class action antitrust suit, brought against it by retailers in Tennessee, has been dismissed.
The company revealed that the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee in the previously disclosed Tennessee Retailer Action has entered a judgment ordering that the action be dismissed in its entirety, that plaintiffs recover nothing from the company or other defendants, and that the company and other defendants recover costs from the plaintiffs.
The judgment, which remains subject to appeal, follows an order of the court granting the company's motion for summary judgment on the two claims still remaining in the case.
In a prior order filed on 4 August, 2010, the court had granted the company's motion for summary judgment on the other three claims in the plaintiffs' complaint. The company also recently received preliminary court approval of the settlement of the Tennessee Dairy Farmer Action brought before the same court.
Source: Dean Foods Company
- LycoRed files lawsuit against Parry and Valensa 22 MAR 2012 | Legal
- Deans Foods named a Mission Partner by Feeding America 29 NOV 2011 | Company news
- Coca-Cola retains position as world's most valuable soft drinks brand
- BrewDog launches limited edition craft brew with shelf life of just 45 days
- Wickedly Welsh launches new chocolate flavours in aid of air force charity