Diageo has won the ‘Good Corporate Governance’ award at the 2012 African Business Awards.
The event which is organised by Africa Business magazine and the Commonwealth Business Council (CBC).
The African Business Awards have become a platform to celebrate business excellence and best practice, recognising companies that are driving Africa’s rapidly transforming economies.
Winners have made a contribution to the development of the continent, the economic empowerment of its citizens and the transformation of Africa’s image in international markets.
The Good Corporate Governance award recognises responsible business ethics and practices, transparency and an active policy to tackle corruption.
Anne McCormick, corporate relations director, Diageo Africa, said: “At the core of Diageo’s business and our values is the commitment to being one of the world’s most respected companies, with an earned reputation of integrity, fairness and good governance.”
- Diageo to acquire Ypióca in Brazil 28 MAY 2012 | Food
- More jobs for Scotland thanks to Diageo’s £1bn whisky plan 6 JUN 2012 | Alcohol
- Soho Coffee moves into leisure centre market
- Mocon creates four business units to support global footprint
- Food manufacturers welcome first stage funding success