Diageo has successfully closed its Public Offer to acquire an additional 10.62% stake in Hanoi Liquor Joint Stock Company in Vietnam for a consideration of approximately £14m.
Diageo expects to complete the transaction on 24 June. Following the full completion of the Public Offer, Diageo's total equity stake in Halico will be 45.52%.
The price of the Public Offer was VND 213,600 per share, the same price as Diageo's previous purchases of Halico shares.
Diageo entered into a Strategic Partnership Agreement with Halico, a domestic branded spirits producer with the vodka brand, Vodka Hanoi, in January 2011.
- More jobs for Scotland thanks to Diageo’s £1bn whisky plan 6 JUN 2012 | Alcohol
- Diageo to acquire Ypióca in Brazil 28 MAY 2012 | Business
- Douwe Egberts redesigns packaging to reflect UTZ certification
- GlaxoSmithKline repositions Revive from Lucozade to drive sales
- Rabobank identifies three forces driving the hybrid consumer trend