Dr Pepper Snapple Group has issued its second full sustainability report, detailing progress toward the five-year environmental and social performance goals announced in 2010.
The new report is titled We Do Good Things with Flavor.
Larry Young, president and CEO for DPS, said: “When we began as an independent, publicly traded company four years ago, we committed to growing our business in a way that delivers shareholder value while also ensuring environmental and social responsibility."
The key accomplishments include:
- Encouraging active lifestyles and fitness with the launch of Let’s Play, a community partnership to get kids and families active through a three-year, $15m grant to KaBoom!
- Recycling 81% of manufacturing waste, exceeding its original goal and putting the company well on the way toward achieving its increased goal of 90% of waste diverted. At the same time, the recycling efforts at just nine DPS sites in 2011 generated $1.3m in revenue, demonstrating the business value created from such efforts.
- Filling 42% of its innovation pipeline in 2011 with projects focused on reduced calories, smaller portion sizes and improved nutrition. This puts the company only 8 percentage points away from reaching its 2015 goal to have half of its innovation projects focused on health & wellness.
- Replacing 33,000 out of 60,000 older vending machines and cooling units to be converted by 2015. Each new unit is up to 30% more efficient than the older one it replaced.
- Saving $25m in costs and 31 million pounds of PET (plastic) through the light-weighting of packaging since 2007. Contributing more than 55,000 volunteer hours to philanthropic activities – more than halfway to its 2015 goal of 100,000 total volunteer hours.
The full report can be read here.
Source: Dr Pepper Snapple
- Dr Pepper Snapple renews green partnership 17 APR 2012 | Environment
- Dr Pepper Snapple joins watershed protection initiatives 31 MAY 2012 | Soft drinks
- Soho Coffee moves into leisure centre market
- Mocon creates four business units to support global footprint
- Food manufacturers welcome first stage funding success
- Business > Social Responsibility
- Manufacturing > Processing
- Packaging > Labelling
- Distribution > Retail
- Beverage > Soft Drinks