The latest financial news for 2 March 2012 includes Palletways, Coca-Cola Femsa, Gategroup, Arca Continental and Rexam.
Palletways has announced a 7% growth in group turnover for the 12-month period to 31 May 2011. Palletways saw group revenues increase by £10.4m from £147.5m to £157.9m.
- Beauchamp Foods awards contract to Palletways
- Palletways launches 48-hour delivery service to Germany
Coca-Cola Femsa announces a 20.5% increase in FY 2011 revenue to Pesos 124.7bn, with operating income up 18% to Pesos 20.1bn, boosted by the integration of Grupo Tampico and Grupo CIMSA.
- Coke Femsa signs exclusivity agreement with Coca-Cola Co
- Coca-Cola Femsa completes merger with Grupo CIMSA
Gategroup reported profit for the year was CHF 58.7m, a 17.6% increase over the previous year’s CHF 49.9m. Group revenue was CHF 2,688.1m on a reported basis, essentially unchanged from 2010’s revenue of CHF 2,700.0m.
Adjusted for foreign currency differences, however, revenue was CHF 3,040.4m, an increase of 12.6%.
Mexican soft drinks bottler Arca Continental posted a 48.8% increase in FY 2011 net profit to Pesos 3.91bn, with sales rising 65.1% to Pesos 44.67bn and volume growing 8%.
Rexam reports a 2% rise in FY 2011 sales to £4.73bn and a 7% growth in operating profit to £549m, due to strong performance of its beverage cans business in Europe.
Recent financial news
- Financial digest, 27 February 2012: Monster, Arla, CCL
- Financial digest, 22 Feb 2012: Campbell’s, Carlsberg, Heinz
- Financial news, 2 February 2012: Unilever, Dairy Crest
- Financial news, 27 January 2012: Starbucks, Tata Beverages
- Financial news, 19 January 2012: Chr Hansen, Coke, Asahi
- Financial news, 12 January 2012: Tesco, Nichols, Cargill
- Financial news, 25 November 2011: Campbell’s, Refresco, Osem
- Financial news, 16 November 2011: Olam, Reed’s, Campari
- Financial news, 15 November 2011: Beam, GMCR, Dean Foods
- Financial news, 9 November 2011: Symrise, Carlsberg, Raisio
- Financial news, 5 November 2011: Kraft, Starbucks, Sara Lee
- Financial news, 2 November 2011: Asahi, Sapporo, DSM
- Financial news, 28 October 2011: Ball, Coke Femsa, Heineken
- Financial news, 12 October 2011: Givaudan, Cargill, Almarai
- Financial news, 10 October 2011: AG Barr, Highland Spring
- Financial news, 26 September 2011: Fonterra, General Mills
- Financial news, 20 September 2011: Waterlogic, Diamond Foods
- Financial news, 9 September 2011: Whitbread, Emmi
- Interview: Unicum launch pay with your smartphone vending machine
- VIDEO: IFE World Food Innovation Awards – fresh idea
- Organic children's food brand Heavenly launches new healthy snacks