The latest financial news for 28 May 2012 includes Eckes-Granini, Dairy Crest, Treatt, Campbell Soup Company and Marks & Spencer.
The Eckes-Granini Group GmbH closed business year 2011 (ending on 31 Dec) with slight gains in turnover and volume sales.
In a fruit beverage market characterised by declining volume sales (- 2.4%) and rising (+ 4.6%) turnover (data from 14 core countries, retail food trade), the Eckes-Granini Group maintained a nearly constant market share of 11.8% in 2011 (2010: 12.0%) and remained among the leading fruit juice producers in Europe.
Net turnover rose from 2010 by 4.3% to €888m (2010: €852m). In its core market for fruit beverages (excluding bottled water distribution in Hungary), the Group recorded a 4.6% gain in turnover to €870m (2010: €831m). Total volume sales also rose by 1.1% to 1.072 billion litres overall and by 2.0% to 958 million litres (2010: 939 million litres) in the core fruit beverage market.
- Eckes-Granini and Yildiz agree on joint venture 20 SEP 2012 | Business
- Eckes-Granini steps back from Russian juice market 11 FEB 2009 | Juice
Dairy Crest has slumped to a £10.1m loss after an 'unsatisfactory' year at its milk division. Its flagship supermarket food brands grew sales by 11% in the year to 31 March, but the dairies arm saw profits cut by more than half to £10.2m.
With Dairy Crest slashing the value of the dairy business and taking a charge for the closure of two bottling plants, the company plunged to a bottom-line loss from a profit of £77.8m a year earlier. Stripping out one-off factors, adjusted profits were flat at £87.4m.
- Country Life butter goes patriotic for UK summer 15 MAY 2012 | New products
- Unite reacts to Dairy Crest’s proposed closure of sites 17 APR 2012 | Dairy
Treatt PLC announced its half-year results for the six months ended 31 March 2012.
- Group revenue increased by 1% to £36.0m (2011: £35.8m).
- Ebitda stands at £2.4m (2011: £4.5m).
- Profit before tax for the period was £1.6m (2011: £3.7m).
- Half-year PBT in line with 2009 (£1.4m) and 2010 (£1.5m).
- Interim dividend raised by 6% to 5.1p (2011 interim dividend: 4.8p).
Campbell Soup Company
Campbell Soup Company has reported its results for the third quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Sales even at $1.8bn. Excluding currency, sales increased 1%.
- Sales gains in global baking and snacking and US beverages, offset by declines in US simple meals and international simple meals and beverages.
- Adjusted EBIT declined 13%.
- EPS benefited from a lower tax rate.
- Confirmed fiscal 2012 guidance: sales and adjusted EBIT at lower end of range, adjusted EPS at upper end of range.
- Pepperidge Farm recognised for innovation and sustainability 24 MAY 2012 | Sustainability
- V8 V-Fusion Sparkling from Campbell Soup Company 15 MAY 2012 | New products
Marks & Spencer
Marks & Spencer performed well in a 'challenging economic environment' and made 'good progress' in delivering its strategy.
- Group sales up 2.0% at £9.9bn.
- Total UK sales +1.5%: Food +3.9%; General Merchandise -0.9% (Clothing +0.2%, Home -10.0%).
- Like-for-like UK sales +0.3%: Food +2.1%; General Merchandise -1.8%.
- International sales +5.8%.
- Multi-channel sales +18%.
- Underlying profit before tax £705.9m (last year £714.3m).
- Underlying basic earnings per share 34.9p (last year 34.8p).
- Full year dividend 17.0p per share (last year 17.0p).
- Net debt £1.86bn (last year £1.90bn).
- Gary Barlow sings The Beatles in new M&S advert 5 APR 2012 | Marketing
- Pop-up pizza you put in the toaster 7 FEB 2012 | Blogs
Recent financial news
- Financial digest, 18 May 2012: Milk Link, Yum!, Prestige
- Financial digest, 16 May 2012: Coke, Monster, SodaStream
- Financial digest, 10 May 2012: Carlsberg, Symrise, Wilmar
- Financial digest, 12 April 2012: Cargill, Givaudan
- Financial digest, 4 April 2012: Lifeway, Co-op, Fonterra
- Financial digest, 26 March 2012: General Mills, Tingyi, Yum!
- Financial digest, 13 March 2012: Del Monte, McDonald’s
- Financial digest, 8 March 2012: Senomyx, Nespresso, Nichols
- Financial digest, 27 February 2012: Monster, Arla, CCL
- Financial digest, 22 Feb 2012: Campbell’s, Carlsberg, Heinz
- Financial news, 2 February 2012: Unilever, Dairy Crest
- Britvic to close factories
- Frusions from Rocks Drinks
- Geoff Collins on Clasado's range of prebiotic products
- Food > Confectionery
- Beverage > Dairy
- Business > Financial
- Food > Flavours
- Food > Ingredients
- Beverage > Juices
- Distribution > Retail
- Beverage > Soft Drinks