The latest financial news for 28 October 2011 includes Dr Pepper Snapple Group, O-I, Silgan, PolyOne, Arca, Royal Wessanen, Ball Corp, Coke Femsa, Nestlé Nigeria, Heineken and Grupo Modelo.
Coca-Cola Enterprises posts an 11% increase in pro forma Q3 2011 net operating revenues to US$2.1bn, with operating income up 12% to US$335m and volume growth of 1%.
Senomyx sees Q3 2011 climb 22% to US$7.1m, helping reduce net loss by 30% to US$2.6m.
Grupo Modelo posts a 1.4% rise in Q3 2011 net sales to Pesos 23.55bn, with net income up 32.6% to Pesos 3.31bn.
- Modelo chooses Sidel for world’s largest automated factory
- Molson Coors selected as distributor for Modelo Brands
Heineken reports a 0.6% increase in Q3 2011 to €4.6bn and a 1.1% rise in total consolidated volume, with lower soft drinks volumes partly offsetting a 2.2% growth in beer volumes.
Nestlé Nigeria reports a 24% rise in revenue to Naira 70.9bn for the first nine months of 2011, with flat profit of Naira 9.14bn.
Total Bemis net sales were $1.36bn for the third quarter of 2011, a 4.9% increase from $1.29bn for the same period of 2010. Sales growth included a 2.3% increase due to currency translation. The remaining increase in net sales reflects higher selling prices offset by lower unit sales volumes.
Coca-Cola Femsa total revenues reached Ps 30,332m in the third quarter of 2011, an increase of 18.1% compared to the third quarter of 2010 as a result of double-digit total revenue growth in each division. Consolidated operating income grew 10.0% to Ps 4,673m for the third quarter of 2011, driven by double-digit operating income growth in its South America division and high single-digit operating income growth recorded in its Mexico & Central America division. Operating margin was 15.4% in the third quarter of 2011. Consolidated net income grew 10.4%, reaching Ps 2,484m in the third quarter of 2011.
- Coca-Cola Femsa and Grupo Tampico merge bottling operations
- Coca-Cola Femsa and Grupo Cimsa merge bottling operations
Ball Corporation has reported third quarter net earnings attributable to the corporation of $132.1m, or 79 cents per diluted share, on sales of $2.3bn, compared to $227.5m, or $1.25 per diluted share, both including business consolidation costs and other activities, on sales of $2bn in the third quarter of 2010. Results for the first nine months of 2011 were net earnings attributable to the corporation of $366.5m, or $2.15 per diluted share, on sales of $6.6bn, compared to $375.8m, or $2.02 per diluted share, both including business consolidation costs and other activities, on sales of $5.6bn in the first nine months of 2010.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group posts a 5% increase in Q3 2011 net sales to US$1.5bn and a 1% rise in sales volume, with flat branded sales volumes but double-digit contract manufacturing growth.
Arca Continental sees pro forma net sales growth of 14.8% for Q3 2011 to Pesos 13.4bn, with volume growth of 8.3% to 351.1m unit cases.
Royal Wessanen reports a 0.5% increase in Q3 2011 revenue to €174.3m, boosted by 42.3% revenue growth for its American Beverage Corporation division to €37.7m.
Orkla announces a 4.9% lift in Q3 2011 operating revenues to NOK14.9bn, with Orkla Brands reporting a 3.9% growth in operating revenue to NOK6.03bn.
Owens-Illinois records a 10.2% rise in Q3 2011 net sales to US$1.9bn but sees operating profit fall 3.6% to US$269 due to increased manufacturing costs.
Silgan Holdings Inc has reported third quarter 2011 net income of $78.8m, or $1.12 per diluted share, as compared to third quarter 2010 net income of $65.2m, or $0.84 per diluted share.
PolyOne Corporation has reported revenues of $735.8m for the third quarter of 2011, an 8% increase compared to revenues of $680.8m in the third quarter of 2010. Diluted earnings per share totaled $0.23 in the third quarter of 2011, compared to $0.04 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2010. Adjusted earnings per share increased 10% to $0.26 for the third quarter of 2011, up from $0.24 recorded in the third quarter last year.
Recent financial news
- Financial news, 12 October 2011: Givaudan, Cargill, Almarai
- Financial news, 10 October 2011: AG Barr, Highland Spring
- Financial news, 26 September 2011: Fonterra, General Mills
- Financial news, 20 September 2011: Waterlogic, Diamond Foods
- Financial news, 9 September 2011: Whitbread, Emmi
- Financial news, 1 September 2011: Diageo, Arla, Co-op
- Financial news, 24 August 2011: Glanbia, Heinz, Siapi
- Financial news, 22 August 2011: Carlsberg, Frutarom, Amcor
- Financial news, 16 August 2011: Burger King, Jones Soda
- Financial news, 11 August 2011: Symrise, AB InBev, Cargill
- Financial news, 10 August 2011: Coke, Suntory, Nestlé
- Financial news, 9 August 2011: P&G, Dean Foods, Nichols
- Preparations for drinktec 2017 begin
- Six innovation themes for Greek style yogurt
- Eden Springs helps customers make a difference with carbon neutral
- Beverage > Alcohol
- Beverage > Dairy
- Beverage > Soft Drinks
- Beverage > Water
- Business > Financial
- Packaging > Labelling