Heineken has acquired Stassen, an international cider innovator located in Aubel, Belgium, from its current management.
In addition to its strong research and development (R&D) capabilities and facilities, the acquisition of Stassen provides Heineken with cider making capacity in continental Europe.
Philippe Stassen, managing director of Stassen, said: "This is a great opportunity for our employees and for our site in Aubel, which will further enhance its international scope. We are looking forward to the next phase of our growth story."
Stassen operates a cider making facility, a R&D facility - including a new product pilot plant - and a de-alcoholisation facility for cider, beer and wine.
The company has unique cider R&D knowledge and expertise and was closely involved in the development of several of Heineken's recently introduced ciders, such as Strongbow Gold, Jacques and Bulmers No 17.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed and the acquisition is subject to customary closing conditions.
- Heineken honoured for global health practices 17 MAY 2012 | Alcohol
- Heineken unveils first look of Holland Heineken House 17 APR 2012 | Business
- Soho Coffee moves into leisure centre market
- Mocon creates four business units to support global footprint
- Food manufacturers welcome first stage funding success
- Beverage > Alcohol
- Manufacturing > Processing
- Beverage > New Products
- Distribution > Retail