The Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) has launched the new Certified Food Scientist (CFS) programme, a certification developed by IFT for food scientists worldwide.
The CFS programme provides food scientists an opportunity to obtain a specific credential that recognises the applied scientific knowledge and skills these professionals have achieved.
Through the CFS programme, food scientists will now be formally recognised for their experience and expertise so they can distinguish themselves throughout their professional careers.
The programme will also assist employers to identify, hire and retain the best talent, and to continue to meet the ongoing demand for knowledgeable food scientists throughout the food system.
The CFS programme will generate other benefits such as:
- Demonstrate the professions’ commitment to safe and quality foods for consumers.
- Reinforce IFT’s commitment to ensuring a strong talent pipeline to meet the scientific needs of the food science and technology community.
- Promote lifelong learning to complement both academic learning and work experience.
- Generate greater awareness of the food science profession.
- Build a foundation for ethical standards that will benefit the entire profession.
- Soho Coffee moves into leisure centre market
- Mocon creates four business units to support global footprint
- Food manufacturers welcome first stage funding success