The 222 'general function' Article 13.1 health claims, approved on 16 May by the European Commission, have been published in the Official Journal of the European Union.
More than 1600 proposed health associations were not authorised and food manufacturers now have six months to comply with the Article 13.1 'general function' health claims.
The new Regulation comes into force on 14 June and, from 14 December, any claims that are not authorised and not on hold/under consideration will be prohibited.
- FoodDrinkEurope welcomes health claim approval 16 MAY 2012 | Health
- EFSA issues positive opinion on Cargill’s health claim 19 JAN 2012 | Food
- Amelia Rope Chocolate launches White Collection
- Juna nectar drinks secure Waitrose listing in London
- TalkingRain is Beverage Forum's 'Company of the Year'