Kerry Group has confirmed the terms of its offer to acquire the entire issued share capital of Newmarket Co-operative Creameries Limited for a price of €421 per share.
The offer values the entire issued ordinary share capital plus debt of Newmarket Creameries at approximately €33m, and is subject to:
- Receipt of Forms of Acceptance in respect of not less than 66% of the issued share capital of Newmarket at the closing date of the offer period (10 September 2010) unless otherwise extended.
- Approval by Newmarket shareholders of proposed rule amendments of Newmarket to facilitate the transaction.
- Approval by the Competition Authority of Ireland.
"Kerry has market-leading cheese technology capability and a leading cheese brand portfolio, including its Charleville, Coleraine, Low Low and Cheestrings brands," said Stan McCarthy, Kerry Group chief executive. "The group has a longstanding business relationship with Newmarket Creameries and high regard for Newmarket cheesemaking competency.
"Combining Kerry and Newmarket represents a positive growth and business development opportunity in the interest of all stakeholders in both companies."
Source: Kerry Group
- To submit editorial for consideration, contact the FoodBev.com editor or phone 01225 327869.
- If you're submitting potential editorial for publication, please mark clearly “for publication”.
- Preparations for drinktec 2017 begin
- Six innovation themes for Greek style yogurt
- Eden Springs helps customers make a difference with carbon neutral