Kinza Sutton talks to Shaun Weston about APPE's new ActivSeal and DeepGrip products, and about challenging people's perceptions about rPET. (We apologise for the sound quality of this interview.)
APPE, the packaging division of LSB, is introducing a new technology that will allow the manufacture of large PET containers with a deep recess for easy handling, providing a radical alternative to traditional extrusion blow-moulded HDPE bottles with integrated handles.
Developed in partnership with Sidel, the APPE's new DeepGrip bottles can be produced in sizes up to seven litres, with a deep recess each side, creating an effective integral handle.
Video produced and directed by Shaun Weston
More videos ...
- 20 Nov 2011: Plastic cap innovations from CSI – Wolf-Friedrich Bähre
- 16 Nov 2011: Kym Hamer, Rexam — the success of Fusion
- 14 Nov 2011: Plastic cap innovations from CSI – Javier Cristián Espagnol
- 10 Oct 2011: Where food meets science: Adam Anderson, Kerry Ingredients
- 4 Oct 2011: Interview with Ettore Fortuna, Mineracqua
- 30 Sept 2011: The PPMA Show 2011
- 29 Sept 2011: Pacepacker demonstrates the 6-Axis robot at PPMA
- 22 Sept 2011: In Örebro Forest with Korsnäs and Tetra Pak
- 23 May 2011: Bath’s bright and buzzing coffee festival, 2011
- 17 May 2011: A global protocol for bottled water