Llanllyr Water Company, which bottles the Llanllyr Source brand, has taken another step as part of its ongoing carbon footprint reduction programme that began in 2008.
Llanllyr has reduced its footprint by more than 40% since 2009 and is now working with Carbon Clear on a hydro energy carbon project in Turkey.
Llanllyr sales and marketing director, Patrick Gee, said: “Our focus has always been on environmental issues. We were the first water company in the UK to draw all our water from organically certified land. We want buyers to know they can enjoy the exceptionally good, fresh, soft taste of Llanllyr Source knowing that they have ticked all the boxes in terms of sustainability.”
The company recycles 91% of its total waste, its 17% lighter bottles are made up of 30% recycled glass and its boxes are made from 90% recycled cardboard. Llanllyr Source is also available in cans.
Source: Llanllyr Water Company
- To submit editorial for consideration, contact the FoodBev.com editor or phone 01225 327869.
- If you're submitting potential editorial for publication, please mark clearly “for publication”.
- Soho Coffee moves into leisure centre market
- Mocon creates four business units to support global footprint
- Food manufacturers welcome first stage funding success