The agricultural show season has got off to a winning start for Milk Link, with the cheese makers gaining an impressive 21 awards at the Devon County Show (UK).
This included regaining the coveted Supreme Champion title for Taw Valley Creamery’s Double Gloucester cheese.
Taw Valley also won the Reserve Champion title for its reduced fat cheese as well as a gold award for its grated cheese. In addition it also won two silver awards in the ‘block mature cheddar’ and ‘organic cheese’ categories, as well as four bronze awards.
Milk Link also received a further seven gold, three silver and three bronze prizes. The co-operative’s Tuxford & Tebbutt Creamery, Reece’s Creamery, Lockerbie Creamery and Llandyrnog Creamery were all recognised at this year’s show.
Source: Milk Link
- Milk Link to upgrade sites and £2.4m investment revealed 15 FEB 2012 | Dairy
- Milk Link confirms new milk prices 8 MAY 2012 | Food
- Douwe Egberts redesigns packaging to reflect UTZ certification
- GlaxoSmithKline repositions Revive from Lucozade to drive sales
- Rabobank identifies three forces driving the hybrid consumer trend