The Quaker Oats Company, a division of PepsiCo, is to create 'The Quaker Oats Centre of Excellence' – a cross functional entity focused on elevating the relevance and benefits of oats through science, agriculture and innovation.
The centre is being created to uncover new benefits and applications of this grain to help people optimise their health and inspire well-being, the company said.
Marianne O'Shea, director, Quaker Oats Centre of Excellence, said: "Oat science has already revealed important benefits such as heart health and satiety, but we've only scratched the surface when it comes to the power of the oat and all it can do.
"As consumers are seeking easy, delicious and sustainable ways to achieve these benefits through their diets, it is more important than ever that we focus on complementary oat research and innovation."
The centre will maintain an advisory board comprised of experts in nutrition science, agricultural science and sustainability, product innovation and consumer insights.
- Quaker Oats kicks off new sponsorship deal 25 APR 2012 | Food
- Quaker Oats supports the American Heart Association 8 FEB 2012 | Health
- UK dieters don't know how many calories they're consuming
- Coffee tips from master barista Ola Persson
- Barry Callebaut opens first Chocolate Academy in South America
- Food > Flavours
- Food > Ingredients
- Manufacturing > Processing
- Food > New Products
- Distribution > Retail