Starbucks Corporation has reported financial results for its 13-week fiscal third quarter ended 1 July 2012.
- Total net revenues increased 13% to $3.3bn.
- US comparable store sales increased 7%. Global comparable store sales increased 6%.
- Channel development revenues increased 45% to $316m.
- Operating income increased 22% to $492m. Operating margin expanded 120 basis points to 14.9%.
- EPS increased 19% to $0.43 per share, compared to $0.36 per share in Q3 FY11.
- Starbucks opened 231 net new stores globally, including its 600th store in mainland China, and its first stores in Finland and Costa Rica.
- Douwe Egberts redesigns packaging to reflect UTZ certification
- GlaxoSmithKline repositions Revive from Lucozade to drive sales
- Rabobank identifies three forces driving the hybrid consumer trend