Starbucks invited its employees to participate in three community programmes that were designed to personalise individual involvement and create real change at the local level.
The programmes include:
- The second annual Global Month of Service provided individuals the opportunity to participate in more than 2,000 hands-on service projects, contributing more than 230,000 hours of service to local communities around the world.
- Vote.Give.Grow offered customers and partners in the US the opportunity to vote online to help allocate $4m amongst 124 local NGOs.
- The ongoing Create Jobs for USA programme raised funds to help create and sustain jobs throughout the US.
Cecilia Carter, vice president of global diversity, community and government affairs, Starbucks Coffee Company, said: “We offer our heartfelt thanks to the thousands of customers and partners who took an active role in helping to address the unique needs of their communities through these programmes."
Source: Starbucks Coffee Company
- Starbucks comes 2nd to Innocent as ‘Number One Social Brand’ 29 MAY 2012 | Coffee
- Monsanto launches ‘Farmers Grow Communities’ 29 MAY 2012 | CSR
- Cadbury Crunchums crispy cereal bites
- Tate & Lyle acquires Biovelop
- Vitafoods Europe 2013, in pictures
- Business > Social Responsibility
- Foodservice > Catering
- Distribution > Retail
- Beverage > Soft Drinks
- Beverage > Tea & Coffee