More than 1,000 Brits from across the UK were surveyed recently to find out how they prepare and enjoy their lunch, how long they spend eating it, as well as who they'd most like to eat their lunch with.
- The majority of respondents (58%) in full-time or part-time employment eat lunch at their desk by themselves, taking less than 30 minutes a day to enjoy it.
- A fifth of respondents (20%) in full-time employment also stated that they spent less time at lunch than they did 12 months previously.
- Over half of those surveyed (57%) prepared their lunch at home and took it into work, with only 11% buying their lunch either at the office canteen or nearby shop or cafe.
People were also asked which famous person from the world of music, film, politics and sport they most like to eat lunch with. George Clooney was the overall favourite with 22% of those surveyed voting for him, 13% for David Beckham, 11% for Barack Obama and 10% for Jennifer Aniston.
However, given the option, more people would choose to eat their lunch with partners, family or friends rather than celebrities.
- Douwe Egberts redesigns packaging to reflect UTZ certification
- GlaxoSmithKline repositions Revive from Lucozade to drive sales
- Rabobank identifies three forces driving the hybrid consumer trend
- Food > Confectionery
- Beverage > Dairy
- Beverage > Juices
- Distribution > Retail
- Beverage > Soft Drinks