The Fairtrade Foundation is aiming to raise awareness about making trade fair and the need to support farmers and workers in the developing world.
The Jelly Bean Factory has been a supporter of fair trade since 2010. For World Fair Trade Day on 12 May, the company is challenging consumers to replace usual sweet treats with a box of 75g Gourmet Jelly Beans from The Jelly Bean Factory to support the good cause.
The Jelly Bean Factory uses Fairtrade sugar in their 75g Gourmet Jelly Bean Boxes which helps support the Kasinthula Cane Growers Association (KCGA) in the Shire River Valley District of Chikwawa, southern Malawi.
Source: The Jelly Bean Factory
- Sales of Fair Trade Certified products Up 75% in 2011 9 MAR 2012 | Food
- Morrisons ups its commitment to fairtrade 6 MAR 2012 | Retail
- Caffé Culture 2013, in pictures
- Tetra Pak receives DuPont Continuing Innovation Award
- Pom-Bear Zoo snacks from Intersnack