Unilever has signed an asset purchase agreement with the Norwegian dairy group Tine, to acquire the activities of Diplom-Is in Denmark, as of 30 September 2010. The value of the transaction is undisclosed.
Tine owns and operates Diplom-Is in Norway, Sweden and Denmark, and is now selling its Danish Ice Cream operations to Unilever, incorporating 30 employees and five local distribution centres in Denmark.
Unilever's Ice Cream/Frisko history in Denmark dates back to 1930 and is one of Denmark's leading ice cream players with a brand portfolio of well-known brands such as Magnum, Cornetto and Carte d'Or.
"The acquisition enables Unilever to further strengthen its position in the Danish ice cream market," said Jens Voldmester, Country Lead, Unilever Denmark. "Diplom-Is has a strong position in the out-of-home segment such as amusement parks and ice cream bars, allowing Unilever to provide even greater offerings to customers and consumers."
- To submit editorial for consideration, contact the FoodBev.com editor or phone 01225 327869.
- If you are submitting potential editorial for publication, please mark clearly "for publication".
- UK supermarkets – 5 predictions for 2015
- Hershey to launch first ever 3D printed chocolate exhibit
- Nine innovation themes for juice drinks