Three years after launching its People & Community programme, United Biscuits (UB) is well on track towards achieving its goals for greater employee development, improved health and wellbeing of staff and further involvement in the wider community.
Some of the company's achievements for 2011
- Employees have donated over £275,000 to charity in funds or product, up from £167,000 in 2010.
- Granted 186 days leave for our employees to work on community projects.
- Working in conjunction with UB's unions, the company has ensured that all of the factory sites now have an Employee Learning Centre.
- 19% of the UK workforce has completed an NVQ or equivalent qualification since 2009.
- 38 apprentices working across UB sites.
- A further 26 individuals joined the Graduate Recruitment Programme bringing our total number of graduates to 54 throughout the business.
- Provided 170 summer placements for university students and 65 work experience places for school students
- Reduced Accident Frequency Rate by a further 13% in 2011.
Benoit Testard, CEO, said: “I am very proud of the progress we are making with our People & Community Programme, which is making a real difference to both employees within the business, and to the wider communities we serve.”
Source: United Biscuits