Waitrose is recalling one batch of its own-brand Belgian Plain Chocolate because of a packaging error. The chocolate contains hazelnuts, which isn’t mentioned on the packaging.
The product being recalled is:
- Waitrose Belgian Plain Chocolate, 200g
- Best before: August 2012,
- Batch number: L15423C.
Waitrose has recalled the affected batch, and notified the relevant allergy support organisations, which will inform their members. Customer notices will be displayed in stores, explaining why the product is being recalled. If you have bought the product you can return it to the store for a full refund.
No other Waitrose products are known to be affected.
- If you enjoyed this article, you may also like this: Tesco responds to ‘tooth in yogurt’ complaint
- Douwe Egberts redesigns packaging to reflect UTZ certification
- GlaxoSmithKline repositions Revive from Lucozade to drive sales
- Rabobank identifies three forces driving the hybrid consumer trend