There are some 'giant' acquisitions to report in June 2012.
- $20,100m for Anheuser-Busch InBev to buy the remaining 49.7% of Mexico's Modelo beers.
- $1,850m for Constellation Brands to acquire Modelo's 50% of Crown Imports in the US.
- $2,300m sales resulting from the Swedish packaging merger of Billerud with Korsnäs.
And lots of other big names were involved, too, including:
- Bright Food
- JP Morgan
- Pernod Ricard
Of the 51, 16 were in alcohol, 10 in dairy, eight in packaging, four each in ingredients and soft drinks.
21 were within national boundaries, 12 of them in the US. 30 were international, covering 27 countries.
Overall, the US was engaged in 23, followed by the UK on nine, France on six, Australia and Ireland on four, with Japan, the Netherlands and New Zealand on three.
Richard Hall is chairman of Zenith International
- Claire Notin on restrictions in the use of aluminium in food additives
- Vivreau is 'preferred supplier' to Whole World Water campaign
- Fast food and takeaway market expected to grow significantly by 2017
- Beverage > Alcohol
- Beverage > Dairy
- Business > Financial
- Beverage > Juices
- Packaging > Labelling
- Distribution > Retail
- Beverage > Soft Drinks
- Beverage > Tea & Coffee
- Beverage > Water