What a few months it has been! We've just wrapped up the very first 2011 FoodBev.com Awards, which was a great success by all accounts.
The FoodBev.com team decided that it would have its very own awards scheme, built largely around the idea of celebrating creativity and innovative thinking in all of its forms. And last Friday, the finalists, runners-up and winners were announced on this very website.
I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly thank the excellent FoodBev.com team for all of the hard work that was put in over the last few months, and particularly since Christmas. I'm pleased to say that the team is already looking ahead to the 2012 FoodBev.com Awards!
For your convenience, here's a list of the finalists in each category, plus the winners and the runners-up. (You can also see the video again, if you like, which is at the foot of this article.)
Best brand redesign
- Winner: Yazoo Milk, Shaken Up (FrieslandCampina UK)
- Runner-up: Water for Life Cooling System (Water for Life ApS)
Finalists in this category were Hammond's Candies, Nampak Plastics Europe with The Infini Bottle, and Blue Marlin's redesign of Purdey's Multivitamin Fruit Drink.
Best design agency
- Winner: Blue Marlin
- Runner-up: Bloom
Best functional drink
- Winner: Floridana Virkni Andoxun (Ölgerðin Egill Skallagrímsson)
- Runner-up: Little Dragon Shots (Dragon Nutrition)
Finalists in this category were iO Drinks AB with Ceethree's iO, Trade Rv Pte Ltd with Gunma Jelly Drink, Corporación Alimentaria Peñasanta SA with Jalea Vital, AlphaBambi with NutriWater, and Meiji Co with Meiji Yogurt Drink R-1.
Best functional food
- Winner: Secret to Live (Probelte Biotecnologia SL)
- Runner-up: It's Just… My Bag of Crispy Fries (Green Gourmet)
Finalists in this category were Meiji Co with Meiji YH-Flore.
- Winner: Coldpress (Closed Loop Foods & Andrew Gibb)
- Runner-up: The Orbit closure (Crown Packaging Europe)
Finalists in this category were Zerica for Eaqua, P4CK Design for the P4CK, Follett for the 7 Series ice and water dispenser, Bevyz Global for the Bevyz system, Water for Life ApS for the Water for Life Cooling System, and WJ King Brewers for WJ King QR Codes.
Best new drink brand
- Winner: Ceethree's iO (iO Drinks AB)
- Runner-up: Jimmy's Iced Coffee
Finalists in this category were Agua 3%, Gourmetti Brands with Chantea, Trade Rv Pte Ltd with Gunma Jelly Drink, Dr Pepper Snapple Group with Snapple Diet Half 'n Half, Bevyz Global with Bevyz, Closed Loop Foods & Andrew Gibb with Coldpress, Viva Beverages with Marley's Mellow Mood, Meiji Co with Meiji 'Strong is Delicious' Liquid Cocoa, and the Good Heavens! range.
Best new food brand
- Winner: Eggs for Soldiers (Springetts Brand Design Consultants)
- Runner-up: The Goodness brand (Visual Communications Group)
Finalists in this category were Filbert's Fine Foods Limited, Dr Pepper Snapple Group with Mott's Medleys Fruit and Veggie Snacks, and Green Gourmet with It's Just… My Bag of Crispy Fries.
Best social media campaign
- Winner: Breckland Orchard
- Runner-up: Panda Liquorice
Finalists in this category were DD Williamson and WJ King Brewers.
- Winner: Bloom (Thin Martian)
- Runner-up: Ocóo (Pure Products)
Finalists in this category were SpringWise (Fonthill Waters), Marley's Mellow Mood (Marley Ventures), Cintron (Cintron Beverage Group), Martian Ranch & Vineyard (Geyrhalter & Company), Xyience and Alo Drink.
Here is a list of articles related to the 2011 FoodBev.com Awards.
- Finalists announced in the 2011 FoodBev.com Awards
- Judging panel announced for FoodBev.com Awards
- Judging panel for FoodBev.com Awards (gallery)
- Nestlé opens extension to R&D centre in Singapore
- Anheuser-Busch provides water for tornado-affected residents in Oklahoma
- DSM honoured with award by Chinese Nutrition Society
- Beverage > Alcohol
- Beverage > Coolers
- Beverage > Dairy
- Beverage > Flavours
- Beverage > Ingredients
- Beverage > Juices
- Beverage > New Products
- Beverage > Soft Drinks
- Beverage > Tea & Coffee
- Beverage > Water
- Business > Awards
- Business > Events
- Business > Social Responsibility
- Distribution > Retail
- Food > Confectionery
- Foodservice > Catering
- Foodservice > Vending
- Manufacturing > Processing
- Packaging > Labelling