I have just returned from another trip to Africa, my second this year after two journeys last year. I hope to make two further visits later in 2012 as well – one to the Global Dairy Platform annual forum and the International Dairy Summit at Cape Town in November.
I have to be there as it is my job to keep up with the future… and the future for Africa is developing fast.
Here are some compelling fundamentals:
- Great natural resources including energy, minerals and water.
- Very young aspirational population rising faster than Asia.
- Rapid economic growth and increasing stability.
- Governments recognising the mutual benefits of partnership with business.
Companies like Coca-Cola, Nestlé and SABMiller are already huge employers and have announced very substantial investments amounting to many billions of dollars.
Africa is beginning to realise it’s all too long deferred potential.
- Frusions from Rocks Drinks
- Geoff Collins on Clasado's range of prebiotic products
- Many of the UK's top wines and spirits wholesalers are running at a loss
- Beverage > Dairy
- Manufacturing > Processing
- Beverage > New Products
- Beverage > Soft Drinks
- Beverage > Tea & Coffee
- Beverage > Water