Activity picked up in May, with 45 transactions recorded by BevBlog.net, including some very substantial deals for lesser known names or units.
Four others exceeded $800m:
- $1,500m from Japan's Asahi for Calpis sports drinks.
- £720m from China's Bright Food for 60% of Weetabix cereals.
- $904m for a US dairy restructuring within Lactalis.
- $853m from General Mills for Brazil's Yoki.
Of the 45, 10 were in ingredients, six in packaging, five in alcohol, five in soft drinks and three in dairy.
As many as 28 involved the US, with the UK affected by 10, Japan by four, Canada by three and the Netherlands by three.
Richard Hall is chairman of Zenith International
- Soho Coffee moves into leisure centre market
- Mocon creates four business units to support global footprint
- Food manufacturers welcome first stage funding success
- Beverage > Alcohol
- Beverage > Dairy
- Food > Flavours
- Food > Ingredients
- Beverage > Juices
- Beverage > Soft Drinks