Retail sales of all alcohol categories have grown strongly in the US during the year to April 2012, according to Symphony IRI figures in Beverage Industry magazine's June 2012 State of the Industry report.
- Craft beers rose by 18% to $1.3bn
- Imported beers rose by 8% to $3.7bn
- Wines rose by 7% to $6.8bn
- Spirits rose by 5% to $3.6bn
- Domestic beers rose by 4% to $20.9bn.
This puts retail sales of beer well ahead of carbonated soft drinks.
Richard Hall is chairman of Zenith International
- Frusions from Rocks Drinks
- Geoff Collins on Clasado's range of prebiotic products
- Many of the UK's top wines and spirits wholesalers are running at a loss
- Beverage > Alcohol
- Beverage > Soft Drinks
- Business > Financial
- Distribution > Retail