Cargill filed a lawsuit recently against Syngenta Seeds, seeking damages for commercialising Agrisure Viptera (MIR162) corn seed before the product obtained import approval from China.
The crop protection market is projected to grow from $50,718.46m in 2013 to $69,614.33m by 2019, at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2014 to 2019, according to MarketsandMarkets.
- Venison sales hint at growth in fresh meat and ready meal categories
John Nevens, 28 Jul 2014
- The blight (or plight) of the new potato
Claire Phoenix, 16 Jul 2014
- Food sense from the United Nations
Richard Hall, 8 Jul 2014
- It's better to sell saffron than opium
Claire Phoenix, 28 May 2014
- The cost of an independent Scotland to the food and drink industry
Peter Bennett, 13 May 2014
Cargill will close its Memphis corn milling facility, which employs approximately 440 people, 120 being contract employees, effective January 2015.
Chiquita and Fyffes are in discussions with the EC regarding possible limited commitments with a view to obtaining clearance of their merger transaction.
Cargill is becoming a member of The Forest Trust (TFT), an international non-governmental organisation that partners with companies to build responsible supply chains.
- Mash Direct to expand into Great Britain with listings in Asda
- Jordon family take control of European Oat Millers
- Forest Stewardship Council celebrates 20th anniversary
- Hershey expands Ivory Coast program to benefit 10,000 cocoa farmers
- General Mills expands natural and organic products portfolio with Annie’s
- NFU takes milk price fight to Brussels
- Top 10 stories on FoodBev.com, August 2014
- Archer Daniels Midland Co to sell chocolate business to Cargill for $440m
- Crop protection market to grow 5.5% by 2019, says report
- UK dairy industry responds to misleading statements
- Dairy Crest reduces milk prices for October 2014
- Global demand for biofuels expected to expand at 3.6% annual pace