UK animal welfare charity, the RSPCA, is calling for its supporters to back clearer labelling of welfare standards on meat.
A new trade agreement has opened the door to UK exports of beef to Singapore worth an estimated £10m a year to the UK economy.
- How the Future Farmer Foundation may affect Generation Y
Richard Ferguson, 25 Nov 2013
- US food industry stung by government shutdown and farm bill expiration
Brad McKinney, Faegre Baker Daniels, 24 Oct 2013
- Innovation: A problem shared is a problem halved
Louise Ayling, consultant, DNV Two Tomorrows, 16 Oct 2013
- The iconic gin and tonic is under threat of extinction
Claire Phoenix, 25 Jun 2013
- Children are 'seriously confused' about food
Richard Hall, 25 Jun 2013
Horticulture Australia Limited, the research and development corporation for the Australian horticulture industry, has appointed two new board directors, Mark Napper and Craig Musson.
Land O'Lakes has acquired Geosys, a global technology firm that provides satellite imaging and insights to agribusiness.
Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan (PotashCorp) is taking 'difficult but necessary steps' to reduce its workforce in Canada, the US and Trinidad by approximately 18% from current levels.
- Growers blame resistant weeds for low yields, says BASF survey
- Singapore's ban on UK beef has been lifted
- Top 10 stories on FoodBev.com, November 2013
- Archer Daniels Midland statement on rejection of GrainCorp acquisition
- The top five food-related legal themes for 2014
- Lindt & Sprungli upscales its farming programme in Ghana
- Tesco establishes Future Farmer Foundation
- Philadelphia wins 'Good Dairy Commendation' award
- Birds Eye launches Petits Pois traceability Facebook app
- Fonterra welcomes new dairy cooperation arrangement
- European Union prepares ban on South African citrus imports
- Survey suggests 22% increase in wheat area for harvest 2014