The Food and Agriculture Organisation has revealed a new initiative aimed at closing the gap between supply and demand in Africa's rice production sector.
The Institution of Chemical Engineers is urging coordinated action to reduce the amount of hidden water used in food and drink production
The UN's Food and Agriculture Organisation has published a range of recommendations for the development of a more sustainable system of food production.
Scottish brewer The Loch Ness Brewery has launched a new craft beer with domestically grown blackberries, in collaboration with a leading research organisation.
Scientists have warned that food security in China is dependent on whether the country can find solutions to its environmental challenges, and have urged further cooperation with the UK.
- Challenge barriers facing women farmers, Fairtrade Foundation urges
- Sales of organic products rise, despite an overall fall in food spending
- European Commission to involve farmers in agri-research programmes
- European sugar deregulation could 'push 200,000' farmers into poverty
- Cargill and Mondelēz partnership will support cocoa producing communities
- USDA 'reignites debate' with approval of first genetically modified apple
- Win, win – from switching to LPG
- Government defends investing £15m in research body amid privatisation fears
- Sweeter 'no-tears' red onion launched by supermarket chain Asda
- Danone and Mars unveil €120m fund to support farmers in poorest countries
- SuperValu leading the way in supporting Irish producers, says industry
- 2015: The year of stevia