According to a new market report from Key Note, the UK market for coffee and sandwich shops has witnessed ongoing growth in value over the past five years.
In its fourth annual European report on the pricing and promotion of fast-moving consumer goods, IRI has highlighted the 'continued failure of promotions to boost volume sales'.
- Can independent grocers avoid the chop?
Peter Bennett, 22 Jul 2014
- Dave Lewis will need to reposition Tesco to adapt to a new 'normal'
Natalie Berg, Planet Retail, 21 Jul 2014
- 27 food and drink acquisitions in June 2014
Richard Hall, 10 Jul 2014
- What happened to food & drink sales when England left the World Cup?
Shaun Weston, 7 Jul 2014
- How Wyke Farms is investing its own money to be 100% green
Andreas Exarheas, 4 Jul 2014
See more Business topics
The Natural Hydration Council (NHC) has announced the formation of its technical working group.
Steve Newiss, chief customer officer at Burton's Biscuits, is joining the board of Bart Spices Group Holdings as a non-executive director.
Thor Drinks' range of sparkling apple-juice-based adult drinks will benefit from a £45k cash injection following a successful crowdfunding campaign.
- Universal Robina to buy Griffin's from Pacific Equity Partners for $610m
- Campbell Soup Co to launch more than 200 new products in 2015
- Frigoglass integrates manufacturing in Europe
- Britcon secures new contract to extend Lidl in Coventry
- Dave Lewis to replace Philip Clarke as Tesco CEO
- Coca-Cola to maintain billion dollar investment in Mexico until 2020
- South Caernarfon Creameries confirms £8.5m investment plan
- Hain Celestial acquires remaining 51% of Hain Pure Protein Corporation
- Danone acquires 40% interest in Brookside Dairy Limited
- Alcohol ingredients market expected to see steady growth
- SCDA is formed to support craft distillers in Scotland
- International Wine Challenge announces 2014 winners