According to reports, Danone is considering the sale of its 20% stake in Japanese dairy drink producer Yakult Honsha Co for around $2 bn. Danone is the biggest shareholder of Yakult Honsha.
In its fourth annual European report on the pricing and promotion of fast-moving consumer goods, IRI has highlighted the 'continued failure of promotions to boost volume sales'.
- 38 food and drink acquisitions in October 2014
Richard Hall, 11 Nov 2014
- Morrisons' losses represent significant headache in a competitive sector
Jon Copestake, The Economist Intelligence Unit, 6 Nov 2014
- Tesco's run of bad news doesn't seem to end
Jon Copestake, The Economist Intelligence Unit, 23 Oct 2014
- A record 62 food and drink acquisitions in September 2014
Richard Hall, 9 Oct 2014
- Global economy slows
Richard Hall, 2 Oct 2014
See more Business topics
GEA Group will contribute its expertise to Nestlé’s freshly inaugurated Dairy Farming Institute in Shuangcheng in Northeast China as a designated partner for milking and hygiene.
China Huiyuan Juice Group Ltd, the largest privately owned juice producer in China, plans to invest in the agricultural resources in Australia by acquiring one or two farms.
Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group (MZB Group), the world's first private group in the coffee market, has inaugurated its first roasting plant in Vietnam.
- Half the Scottish households now buying Graham’s
- Eden Springs Spain acquires water cooler portfolio from Pascual Corporation
- Mondelez International adds Joseph Neubauer to board of directors
- Pioneer Foods to sell Pepsi bottling plants in South Africa
- Indofood acquires Danone’s Indonesian dairy unit
- Indian dairy Milk Mantra acquires Westernland Dairy
- Krones strengthens technology portfolio for direct digital printing
- Fuji Food Products announces new manufacturing facility in Chicago
- Smurfit Kappa opens new bag-in-box plant in Spain
- Private equity firm Onex to acquire SIG Combibloc Group
- Noosa Yoghurt acquired by private equity company Advent International
- China's Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group to invest in New Zealand