New figures reveal that employment in the food and drink industry has risen, with 71,000 more people employed at the beginning of 2014 than at the same time last year.
In its fourth annual European report on the pricing and promotion of fast-moving consumer goods, IRI has highlighted the 'continued failure of promotions to boost volume sales'.
- Scotland's 'no' decision will be welcomed by food & drink industry
Peter Bennett, 19 Sep 2014
- Don't work with cashless payment systems until they're safeguarded
Mark Laurie, NCASS, 17 Sep 2014
- 33 food and drink acquisitions in August 2014
Richard Hall, 9 Sep 2014
- Sparkling Ice vs Glaceau
Richard Hall, 27 Aug 2014
- Category focus at the heart of Coke-Monster deal
Bill Bruce, 15 Aug 2014
See more Business topics
Pro Mach has announced that affiliates of AEA Investors are acquiring the packaging machinery leader from The Jordan Company.
Nestlé Mexico has announced plans to invest 700m pesos (CHF 50m) over the next six years to increase milk production in the country.
Universal Flexible Packaging has announced a multi-million pound investment in new factory premises in Lewisher Road, Leicester in the UK.
- WhiteWave Foods to buy So Delicious Dairy Free for $195m
- UK food & drink producers prepare for tough year ahead
- Nor-Cal to sell beer distribution division to Markstein Beverage Co
- Chiquita and Fyffes work to obtain EC clearance for merger
- London Eye to turn red for new sponsor Coca-Cola
- Heineken confirms 'non-actionable' proposal by SABMiller
- Lord Bilimoria on how Cobra Beer and Molson Coors survived the recession
- Ajinomoto to acquire Windsor Quality Holdings frozen food specialist
- Virent expands PlantBottle partnership with The Coca-Cola Company
- Jordon family take control of European Oat Millers
- Pro Mach acquires Pace Packaging
- PTI reduces energy costs for bottle blow-molding operations