According to a new report by Mintel, the fast food and takeaway market is expected to reach RMB 1.8 trillion by 2017 largely bolstered by rising economic power in lower-tier cities.
According to Zenith International, Highland Spring has become the UK’s No 1 bottled water brand, which is the first time a British brand is the biggest selling in the category.
- Energy drinks slowdown
Richard Hall, 23 May 2013
- Investing in fruit
Richard Hall, 16 May 2013
- 47 food and drink acquisitions in April 2013
Richard Hall, 9 May 2013
- The world economy in one chart
Richard Hall, 30 Apr 2013
- Banking is not like it used to be
Geoff Platt, 18 Apr 2013
See more Business topics
Nestlé is investing €44m on new technology for its Nescafé factory at Girona in northeastern Spain.
Dairy Crest CEO Mark Allen reveals that the company has enjoyed a 'really good year', with profits up 7% to £50m.
A study into the profitability of the UK's largest wines and spirits wholesalers has revealed a widening gap between firms making 'outstanding' profits and those losing money.
- Artisanal ice cream set to grow in Australian ice cream market
- The top 10 most valuable global brands 2013
- Seamless and Grubhub delivery services set to merge
- Cofco, Mengniu and Danone join forces to develop dairy in China
- The 10 fastest growing spirits brands of 2012
- Food manufacturers welcome first stage funding success
- London's Tossed secures funding from Santander
- Morrisons joins with Ocado to launch online food operation
- Lifeway Foods acquires Golden Guernsey dairy plant
- Synlait Milk considers listing on NZX Main Board
- Treat announces half-year financial highlights
- Flagship Food to acquire Atlantic Foods