Subway UK and Ireland's area development manager Greg Madigan spoke to Alex Clere about the company's ambitious plans for the future following the launch of its 2,000th store.
In its fourth annual European report on the pricing and promotion of fast-moving consumer goods, IRI has highlighted the 'continued failure of promotions to boost volume sales'.
- 35 acquisitions over $1bn in 2014
Richard Hall, 22 Jan 2015
- Biggest food and beverage industry buyers and sellers in 2014
Richard Hall, 20 Jan 2015
- 41 food and beverage acquisitions in December
Richard Hall, 13 Jan 2015
- Road narrows for French ‘drive’ retailers
Richard Hall, 8 Jan 2015
- 53 acquisitions in November
Richard Hall, 4 Dec 2014
See more Business topics
Northern Ireland-based dried fruit and nut processor Kestrel Foods has announced a £750,000 investment in new processing and packaging technologies in an attempt to enhance its global sales position.
Subway is celebrating the launch of its 2,000th franchise in the UK and Ireland region, following more than £200m's worth of investment and the creation of 20,000 jobs.
The Scotch Whisky Association has claimed that the alcoholic beverage adds £5bn to the UK economy and makes up nearly three quarters of the Scottish food and drink sector.
- Government-funded brewery brings beer back to town after 85 years
- Castik buys Waterlogic to create global cooler company with Angel Springs
- Naturex rebuilds quillaia factory as it prepares for South American growth
- Rexam invests in Panama beverage can plant that supplies SABMiller
- Amway acquires XS Energy brand
- Hershey's sells macadamia brand
- PepsiCo to co-operate with Olvi in Belarus
- Global soft drinks market grows 3.3% as key markets bounce back
- Kellogg's complete biscuit company acquisition
- China approves Fonterra investment in dairy company Beingmate
- CHS and West Central announce strategic agreement
- Heineken Asia Pacific signs agreement to invest in Timor Leste