At SIG Combibloc's Brazilian packaging plant, an extrusion line has now been put into operation that laminates unprocessed cardboard for the company's carton packs on-site.
In its fourth annual European report on the pricing and promotion of fast-moving consumer goods, IRI has highlighted the 'continued failure of promotions to boost volume sales'.
- Venison sales hint at growth in fresh meat and ready meal categories
John Nevens, 28 Jul 2014
- Dave Lewis will need to reposition Tesco to adapt to a new 'normal'
Natalie Berg, Planet Retail, 21 Jul 2014
- 27 food and drink acquisitions in June 2014
Richard Hall, 10 Jul 2014
- What happened to food & drink sales when England left the World Cup?
Shaun Weston, 7 Jul 2014
- 40 food and drink acquisitions in May 2014
Richard Hall, 10 Jun 2014
See more Business topics
Ticco Foods Limited, one of the UK's leading specialist foodservice groups, has merged with Bindi GB Limited, supplier of premium, authentic Italian desserts and gelato.
Malted ingredients company Muntons is to invest £5.4m in an anaerobic digestion plant to treat liquid waste from its ingredients business at its Stowmarket headquarters in the UK.
Chiquita Brands and Fyffes have announced that the registration statement on Form S-4 filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission by ChiquitaFyffes, was declared effective on 25 July 2014.
- Graeme Hart reviews ownership of SIG and Evergreen Packaging
- Tyson Foods to sell poultry businesses in Mexico and Brazil
- Lassonde completes acquisition of Apple & Eve
- Wholebake secures investment from Bridges Ventures
- Dina Farms to expand Egyptian retail outlets to 12 stores by end of 2014
- Thermotraffic modernises its entire fleet
- Global bottled water market expected to reach $279bn by 2020
- Agropur acquires Davisco Foods' dairy processing assets
- Crowdfunded investment and new packaging for Thor Drinks
- Universal Robina to buy Griffin's from Pacific Equity Partners for $610m
- Dave Lewis to replace Philip Clarke as Tesco CEO
- Coca-Cola to maintain billion dollar investment in Mexico until 2020