Food and beverage firms are continuing to consolidate their businesses in order to 'future-proof themselves', as the market becomes ever more competitive.
In its fourth annual European report on the pricing and promotion of fast-moving consumer goods, IRI has highlighted the 'continued failure of promotions to boost volume sales'.
- Tesco update provides a chance to 'clean out the closet'
David Gray, Planet Retail, 22 Apr 2015
- 43 acquisitions in March
Richard Hall, 14 Apr 2015
- Merger stands Heinz and Kraft in good stead
Tosin Jack, Frost & Sullivan, 27 Mar 2015
- 36 acquisitions in February
Richard Hall, 10 Mar 2015
- Raise a toast to more effective research on UK's love affair with prosecco
Leigh Morris, Bonamy Finch, 23 Feb 2015
See more Business topics
Lactalis has reportedly agreed to acquire dairy producer Ak Gıda from Turkey's largest food group, on the eve of an expected public offering of the business.
Dublin-based Valeo Foods has acquired Italian cake and biscuit manufacturer Balconi as part of a deal worth about €200m.
Vasari Global has launched the $36m first phase of a $150m food production facility near Ethiopia's capital, Addis Ababa, which will initially be used to produce branded biscuits.
- Glanbia Ingredients expands Irish butter facility with €17m investment
- Diageo invests in new canning line for ready-to-drink alcoholic beverages
- XPO Logistics acquires logistics firm Norbert Dentressangle for €3.24bn
- Innis & Gunn issues mini-bond to finance new £3m brewery
- Ferrero plans its own hazelnut production in Serbia
- Hello Hungry begins crowdfunding campaign for office-targeted liquid meal
- Nichols takes equity share in Noisy Drinks Co
- Orkla signs agreement with PepsiCo for Nordic distribution
- Interview: The Grocery Accelerator aiming to help small businesses
- Carlsberg and Brooklyn Brewery unveil plans for Norwegian craft brewery
- Ball Corporation to start producing beverage can ends in Poland
- Beer and yogurt-flavoured chocolate driving strong market growth