New figures reveal that employment in the food and drink industry has risen, with 71,000 more people employed at the beginning of 2014 than at the same time last year.
Cargill will close its Memphis corn milling facility, which employs approximately 440 people, 120 being contract employees, effective January 2015.
- Walmart could be grooming Greg Foran for the top job
Sandy Skrovan, Planet Retail, 25 Jul 2014
- Dave Lewis will need to reposition Tesco to adapt to a new 'normal'
Natalie Berg, Planet Retail, 21 Jul 2014
- Tom Kerridge talks tapas, and how small dishes are the future for UK pubs
Claire Phoenix, 1 Jul 2014
- A review of DrinkPreneur Live 2014
Claire Phoenix, 13 Jun 2014
- Coca-Cola CEO speaks out – the best quotes from Muhtar Kent
Richard Hall, 12 Jun 2014
See more Business topics
SABMiller's first Namibian brewery has produced its inaugural brew, with bottles of Carling Black Label rolling off the packaging line.
The managing committee of the KIN food institute (KIN-Lebensmittelinstitut) has announced the appointment of Axel Graefe as new manager and head of institute.
The board of Dairy Crest, a UK-owned dairy foods company, has announced that Stephen Alexander will become the company's chairman with immediate effect.
- Thomas Bucher to step down as Gategroup CFO at end of 2014
- Cargill to close Memphis corn milling facility
- Ann O'Hara on the development of LiquiForm bottle-making technology
- From hotel kitchen to the shop shelf – the story of Sensible Dave Granola
- Customer service remains a key priority for business
- Dairy Crest wins Waitrose 'Treating People Fairly' award
- Lord Bilimoria on how Cobra Beer and Molson Coors survived the recession
- Dhaniya – empowering people to be creative with Indian ingredients
- Donatantonio unveils 16 new Italian products in Lupetta range
- Food and Drink Federation to encourage careers for women in engineering
- Diageo launches new venture to partner with tech start-ups around the world
- Raanan Zilberman from Eden Springs talks about the Nestlé Waters deal