According to a new report, the global bioplastics packaging market for food and beverages was valued at $3bn in 2013 and is expected to reach an estimated value of $28bn in 2020.
Andreas Exarheas talks to Wyke Farms managing director, and third generation family member, Richard Clothier about the brand's new £1m water recovery plant.
- Muddy Wellies (beer) at the Big Feastival
Claire Phoenix, 1 Sep 2014
- KitKat is the bestselling chocolate bar in Europe
Claire Phoenix, 27 Aug 2014
- Istanbul plastic recycling initiative benefits city's stray animals
Bill Bruce, 24 Jul 2014
- Free Evian helps Tube travellers beat dehydration
Shaun Weston, 23 Jul 2014
- How Wyke Farms is investing its own money to be 100% green
Andreas Exarheas, 4 Jul 2014
See more Business topics
Primula Cheese, part of Kavli UK, has donated £100,000 to Fighting All Cancers Together (FACT), the UK’s first cancer support and education centre.
Eden Springs, has offset over 184,000 tons of CO2 since 2010 - the equivalent of nearly 378,000 economy-class flights from London to New York.
Tate & Lyle’s newly launched range of Fairtrade beverage syrups is now available from Cream Supplies.
- UK Food and Drink Federation launches sustainable palm oil sourcing guide
- Coca-Cola Enterprises receives ‘Marianne d'Or 2014 sustainability award
- Barry Callebaut's Cocoa Horizons Truck reaches 10,000km milestone
- Cargill opens Indonesian cocoa processing facility to serve Asian market
- Calypso Soft Drinks re-designs juice range for Fairtrade anniversary
- 5by20 program named Best Global Initiative for Women’s Economic Empowerment
- UK food inflation to rise in 2015 to 2% following sharp drop
- ADM celebrates five years commitment to Ghana’s cocoa industry
- Northern Ireland proceeds with alcohol minimum unit pricing
- Video highlights bottled water’s small water use and big health benefits
- Britain’s number one dairy company unveils next stage of its development
- Milan universities team up to launch unique food design degree