France's national assembly has passed a law that will force supermarkets to donate unsold food and drink, rather than spoiling and wasting it.
Waitrose will expand its Click & Collect offering in autumn when it becomes the first supermarket in the UK to launch a trial of automated, temperature-controlled lockers for online grocery orders in third party locations on the transport network.
- Why marketing to the middle matters
Alastair Whiteley, Hornall Anderson, 29 Apr 2015
- French drive slowdown
Richard Hall, 23 Apr 2015
- Tesco update provides a chance to 'clean out the closet'
David Gray, Planet Retail, 22 Apr 2015
- Wine survey underlines importance of understanding consumer behaviour
John Nevens, Bridgethorne, 20 Apr 2015
- Beverage as art
Richard Hall, 9 Apr 2015
See more Distribution topics
- Distribution > Logistics
- Distribution > Retail
Booker Group has announced plans to acquire Musgrave Retail Partners, which includes food stores Londis and Budgens, as part of a £40m deal.
Frozen food retailer Iceland has launched its new Power of Frozen television advertising campaign, which advocates the benefits derived from freezing food.
The rise in popularity of discount supermarkets such as Aldi and Lidl has led to a near-10% reduction in the average family food bill, new research has claimed.
- Ahold and Delhaize enter 'preliminary discussions' on merger
- Orkla signs agreement with PepsiCo for Nordic distribution
- 60% of US consumers think that convenience stores offer healthy snacks
- Morgenrot extends McGargles bottled beer range with new Uncle Jim's stout
- New research sheds light on millennials' cooking and shopping habits
- Holland and Barrett launches first of 50 free-from concept stores
- 'Encouraging signs' for Tesco despite £6.4bn of losses
- Graham's Bakery secures listing for nine of its products with Budgen's
- MBG Group acquires minority stake in UK distributor Proof Drinks
- Ginsters launches microwavable breakfast products for busy morning shoppers
- MexImport becomes exclusive European and UK distributor of True Agave syrup
- Dunkin' Donuts set to allow Android users to pay with Google Wallet