The Kroger Co has unveiled a clean energy production system that will convert food that can't be sold or donated into clean energy.
Waitrose has announced an ambitious target to cut its packaging in half by 2016. The UK retailer has also announced three major changes to its product ranges that will help achieve this target.
- FoodBev.com a finalist in Online Media Awards 2013
Shaun Weston, 17 May 2013
- 95% glass recycling possible
Richard Hall, 25 Apr 2013
- How much water does it really take to make a cup of coffee?
Richard Hall, 23 Apr 2013
- How the beverage industry is helping to combat obesity
Claire Phoenix, 18 Apr 2013
- Eat better, save the planet?
Richard Hall, 11 Apr 2013
Nichols plc, in partnership with document management and imaging software author V1, has been awarded 'Environmental Project of the Year' at this year's Green IT Awards.
Coca-Cola Enterprises has joined forces with Milton Keynes Council in the UK to develop and support a project to improve local recycling through education and community participation.
Ruth McMenamin talks to Julian Hunt, vice president public affairs and communications GB at Coca-Cola Enterprises, while attending the UK Soft Drinks Industry Conference last week.
- Enso Renew and Enso Restore plastic technologies
- BASF launches new variants of the compostable plastic ecovio
- New phase of Courtauld Commitment targets further waste reduction
- Half of UK local authorities now offer kerbside recycling of cartons
- Steenbergs Fairtrade Saffron from Iran
- Waitrose pledges to halve packaging by 2016
- Marshfield Farm Ice Cream installs wood pellet boiler
- Sweetly Stevia invites investors via crowdfunding
- Bavaria signs shared transportation agreement with Heinz and Mars
- Coca-Cola Hellenic invests in new recycling plant in Greece
- Symrise opens new research centre
- Plastic packaging design threatens new EU recycling targets