World demand for biofuels is expected to expand at a 3.6% annual pace, reaching 115 million metric tonnes in 2018, says a Freedonia Group report.
Scientists from the University of Liverpool have demonstrated the effectiveness of a fibre-based dietary ingredient that makes people feel less hungry and consume less food.
- The importance of 'prior art' in enforcing patent rights
Joanna Thurston, Withers & Rogers, 28 Aug 2014
- The Periodic Dining Table
Claire Phoenix, 28 Aug 2014
- KitKat is the bestselling chocolate bar in Europe
Claire Phoenix, 27 Aug 2014
- Skin whitening ingredient in candy
Claire Phoenix, 21 Aug 2014
- Russian apple import ban benefits Polish cider production
Adam Bogacz, AKB Consulting, 19 Aug 2014
See more Food topics
Tyson Foods has completed its merger with The Hillshire Brands Company, a transaction that positions Tyson Foods as a clear leader in the prepared foods business.
This is a selection of new food products published to FoodBev.com in August 2014, including Müller Rice Remix, Rachel's Organic Divine Chocolate Pot and Halloween M&M's.
In the US, Chobani has announced its latest ‘limited batch’ yogurts – apple cinnamon and pumpkin spice.
- Freedonia predicts 1.5% annual global demand for salt
- Müller UK & Ireland confirms standard milk price reduction
- Lindt & Sprungli acquires new warehouse space in Pennsylvania
- Extra Mature Farmhouse Cheddar Somerset Old Smokey by Wyke Farms
- Milk-based baby food segment to dominate Indian market over next five years
- New dairy packaging solution from RPC Superfos with easy-to-access spoon
- New glycinates product line from BASF Animal Nutrition
- Inge Demeyere named as MD for chocolate by Cargill
- Real Yorkshire Pudding Company installs ICE Vulcan print and apply labeller
- Norway's Orkla expands Baltic operation by acquiring strong local brands
- Organic and conventional dairies show few differences in cow health & milk
- Dragons' Den winner releases Marmite board games