UK free range egg producer, The Happy Egg Co, has launched white eggs in Tesco. The launch marks the revival of white eggs, which were once a common sight in Britain in the 1950s and 1960s.
According to a new survey (this time, not about the prospect of independence for Scotland), the UK is at its happiest when it's eating a slice of sponge cake at teatime.
- Should we trust someone who doesn't eat cake?
Shaun Weston, 18 Sep 2014
- The rise of small portion packs
Claire Phoenix, 25 Jul 2014
- Edible dairy packaging – what's not to love?
Claire Phoenix, 15 May 2014
- Bach flower remedies in cake baking
Claire Phoenix, 30 Apr 2014
- Dom Joly cracks jokes on Big & Fresh eggs
Claire Phoenix, 17 Apr 2014
See more Food topics
For Newtech's latest application, the specification requirements included a fast, clean cut with no smearing, accurate portion control, reduced waste at edge of tray/offcuts and low noise.
The Naanster from Food Attraction is a naan bread filled with either chicken tikka, vegetable tikka, Balti chicken or Beef Madras along with pilau rice and mango chutney.
Truvia has announced the launch of Truvia Brown Sugar Blend, a mixture of Truvia and brown sugar that offers a brown-sugar-like taste, texture and volume.
- Tuckey's Proper Digestives
- Naughty Nibbles Cake Pots by Genesis Crafty
- Lallemand Baking Solutions launches aromatic Florapan yeast
- McVitie's Festive Faves for Christmas 2014
- Photos from the 2014 Speciality & Fine Food Fair
- Synergy introduces cuisine pastes and seasoning blends for bread
- Jordon family take control of European Oat Millers
- General Mills expands natural and organic products portfolio with Annie’s
- Kingsmill introduces Sandwich Thins to sandwich alternatives sector
- Irish Dairy Board acquires Spanish pizza cheese manufacturer Luxtor
- Festive hard fonçage short pastry range for 2014 by Pidy
- Dip in sales of baking products rescued by Great British Bake Off 2014