Madagascan chocolate producer Madécasse has added a 100% cocoa variety to its exquisitely African range of natural chocolate bars.
Since the 1990s, per capita consumption of chocolate has almost trebled, from 50g in 2005 to 120g in 2013, according to a new study by business intelligence company ValueNotes.
- A rich world of chocolate
Claire Rowan, 22 Jan 2015
- Health Ingredients Europe: Algae protein for healthy snacking
Claire Phoenix, 3 Dec 2014
- Global Survey of Snacking shows encouraging signs for health
Richard Hall, 18 Nov 2014
- BrauBeviale 2014 day three: Packaging innovations
Andreas Exarheas, 13 Nov 2014
- Do you still love anyone enough to give them your last Rolo?
Shaun Weston, 23 Oct 2014
See more Food topics
Chocolate manufacturer Barry Callebaut has inaugurated its first training centre in the Middle East with the opening of a chocolate academy in Dubai.
Traidcraft has announced extensions to its Fruity and Trail bar lines, making it the first producer of Fairtrade gluten-free snack bars in the industry.
A US brand of green tea leaf mints that combats bad breath and is rich in antioxidants is being launched into the UK.
- Divine Chocolate adds caramel dark chocolate variety to 40g range
- Interview: Brocks Chocs – Britain’s youngest chocolatier
- KitKat Toffee Treat will coincide with £10m marketing campaign
- Harrods offers glimpse into new Valentine's Day treats
- US creme egg will remain the same despite not using Dairy Milk
- Fudge Kitchen launches sugar confectionery range
- RPC Containers make new, litre-sized jar for Tangerine Confectionery
- Cargill celebrates 150th anniversary
- Hershey's sells macadamia brand
- Cadbury to spend £7m on Dairy Milk engagement
- D’s Naturals plant-based protein No Cow Bars
- Cadbury face wrath over new Creme Egg