Confectionery brand Bassetts has extended its Jelly Babies candy range with the addition of a new berry mix variety, aimed at young consumers and families.
Since the 1990s, per capita consumption of chocolate has almost trebled, from 50g in 2005 to 120g in 2013, according to a new study by business intelligence company ValueNotes.
- Healthy confectionery
Claire Rowan, 5 Feb 2015
- A rich world of chocolate
Claire Rowan, 22 Jan 2015
- Health Ingredients Europe: Algae protein for healthy snacking
Claire Phoenix, 3 Dec 2014
- Global Survey of Snacking shows encouraging signs for health
Richard Hall, 18 Nov 2014
- BrauBeviale 2014 day three: Packaging innovations
Andreas Exarheas, 13 Nov 2014
See more Food topics
Fairtrade chocolate brand Madécasse will mark Fairtrade Fortnight with a new tasting campaign, after sales of Fairtrade products falls for the first time.
Nestlé will remove all artificial ingredients and colours from its portfolio in the US by the end of the year, becoming the country's first confectionery manufacturer to do so.
Cargill has signed a formal partnership agreement to support Mondelēz International’s program of improving the livelihoods and sustainability of practice of global cocoa farmers.
- New manufacturing process could produce chocolate using 10% less fat
- Michele Ferrero, former boss of the Ferrero empire, dies aged 89
- Nestlé adds limited tropical edition to Fab ice lolly range
- 'Only virgin fibre is good enough', says confectionery packaging supplier
- Podcast: Valentine's gifting of artisan chocolates
- Podcast: Noi Sirius unveils new flavour to chocolate coated protein balls
- Podcast: Surprize Qubes combines candy with building blocks
- Ohso names Laura Trott as brand ambassador, and predicts future growth
- Doves Farm milk- and soya-free chocolate chips
- Mondelēz adds price-marked packs of Cadbury giant buttons and Bitsa Wispa
- Podcast: Trolli creates gelatine free chewy candies
- Polar bears with moustaches will emphasise cooling effect in new Halls ad