A market insights provider has found that retailers sold more than £110m's worth of confectionery this Easter, but performance could have been better if they hadn't have run out of eggs.
Since the 1990s, per capita consumption of chocolate has almost trebled, from 50g in 2005 to 120g in 2013, according to a new study by business intelligence company ValueNotes.
- Healthy confectionery
Claire Rowan, 5 Feb 2015
- A rich world of chocolate
Claire Rowan, 22 Jan 2015
- Health Ingredients Europe: Algae protein for healthy snacking
Claire Phoenix, 3 Dec 2014
- Global Survey of Snacking shows encouraging signs for health
Richard Hall, 18 Nov 2014
- BrauBeviale 2014 day three: Packaging innovations
Andreas Exarheas, 13 Nov 2014
See more Food topics
The Naked Marshmallow Co. has showcased its artificial flavouring- and colouring-free range of handmade marshmallows.
The world's first chocolate that prevents the onset of "inflammatory and oxidative damage" will be launched in the US this month, following a successful European introduction.
Cadbury has launched a new two-flavour range of soft-centred Dairy Milk chocolate tablets, aimed specifically at adventurous female consumers.
- London patisserie launches 'unique' Tremendous Teacakes
- United Biscuits extends McVitie's campaign to promote DeliChoc launch
- VIDEO: IFE World Food Innovation Awards – confectionery trends
- Co-operative Food launches digital campaign to showcase Easter egg range
- Growth of sugar-free confectionery stagnating, new research suggests
- IFE World Food Awards – confectionery innovation trends
- Cocoa fermentation leads to 'superior' chocolate, says Barry Callebaut
- Zola launches new range of dark chocolate-covered fruit pieces
- Bassetts adds berry mix variety to Jelly Babies candy range
- Chocolate brand Madécasse to mark Fairtrade Fortnight with tasting campaign
- Nestlé to be first to remove artificial ingredients from US confectionery
- Cargill and Mondelēz partnership will support cocoa producing communities