Consumers globally spent $374bn on snack foods annually between 2013 and 2014, a year-over-year increase of 2%, according to a new report by Nielsen.
Since the 1990s, per capita consumption of chocolate has almost trebled, from 50g in 2005 to 120g in 2013, according to a new study by business intelligence company ValueNotes.
- Should we trust someone who doesn't eat cake?
Shaun Weston, 18 Sep 2014
- A trip down Memory Lane courtesy of Jacob's in Aintree
Shaun Weston, 17 Sep 2014
- A fennel-flavoured Speciality & Fine Food Fair
Shaun Weston, 11 Sep 2014
- Preparing for the 15th Speciality & Fine Food Fair in London
Shaun Weston, 3 Sep 2014
- New trends in natural confectionery
Claire Phoenix, 2 Sep 2014
See more Food topics
This is a selection of new drinks published to FoodBev.com in September 2014, including Minter Wonderland, Get Fruity and Butterkist Chocolate Orange Popcorn.
Unilever ice cream brand Ben & Jerry's has launched a new limited edition flavour in the UK called Ben & Jerry's Satisfy My Bowl.
The couple who first introduced gourmet popcorn to the UK market have launched five new flavours under a brand new label.
- Butterkist celebrates centenary with Chocolate Orange popcorn
- Favarger releases Heritage range
- Rovema GmbH launches North American subsidiary
- Stute Foods launches three-jar case format for convenience stores
- Anges de Sucre launches wholesale offering with select partners
- India's chocolate industry expected to grow 16% by 2019
- Elizabeth Shaw Dark Chocolate Mint Thins
- 35% of those trying to lose weight eat chocolate on a frequent basis
- Universal Flexible Packaging uses £11M investment to increase production
- Chips Ahoy! plans to become £50m brand in the UK
- A brief chat with Mallow & Marsh at The Speciality & Fine Food Fair 2014
- Mars chocolate facility in Topeka earns LEED Gold certification