Scottish science company R-Biopharm Rhône is aiding Chinese food companies in the wake of another food contamination scandal involving yogurt sweets tainted with the industrial chemical melamine.
Japan's Meiji Co is known for offering a wide range of nutritional foods in countries across Asia, as well as its home territory. Claire Phoenix talks to president Kazuo Kawamura about company strategy regarding innovation.
- Ice cream and slushies for grown-ups
Claire Phoenix, 18 Aug 2014
- Does Greek yogurt have to come from Greece?
Jeremy Pennant, D Young & Co, 11 Aug 2014
- Ice cream that changes colour as it melts
Bill Bruce, 1 Aug 2014
- High protein – watch this space
Claire Rowan, 1 Aug 2014
- 3D printed ice cream courtesy of MIT
Bill Bruce, 25 Jul 2014
See more Food topics
The Emmi Pure Swiss Yogurt range, which already features seven flavours, has two new winter varieties – plum and blood orange.
The UK dairy industry was unanimous in its response to a GP’s allegations on dairy nutrition and milk production, as published in the Daily Mail on 30 August.
Arla Foods Ingredients is investing €38m in a new factory in Denmark to meet demand for whey protein hydrolysates.
- Royal FrieslandCampina to acquire Olam's dairy business in Côte d’Ivoire
- A gallery of new food products for August 2014
- Chobani limited edition pumpkin spice yogurt
- Wyke Farms launches autumn media campaign
- Müller UK & Ireland confirms standard milk price reduction
- Extra Mature Farmhouse Cheddar Somerset Old Smokey by Wyke Farms
- Milk-based baby food segment to dominate Indian market over next five years
- New dairy packaging solution from RPC Superfos with easy-to-access spoon
- Organic and conventional dairies show few differences in cow health & milk
- Fonterra unveils China infant formula deal and $555m expansion
- Andechser Natur Stevia Bio-Jogurt Mild Apfel
- Tetra Pak launches Tetra Alsafe for ESL