Rabobank says consumers are becoming less interested in mid-market products and are trading down when it comes to everyday items such as basic groceries.
Wm Morrison Supermarkets has announced a long-term agreement with Ocado Group that will enable Morrisons.com to commence grocery deliveries to customers by January 2014.
- FoodBev.com a finalist in Online Media Awards 2013
Shaun Weston, 17 May 2013
- Will the Morrisons-Ocado deal upset Waitrose?
Sam Fuller, Altium, 17 May 2013
- Bubbling over at Caffè Culture 2013
Hannah Oakman, 16 May 2013
- A few statistics about craft beer from Mintel
Shaun Weston, 15 May 2013
- Infographic asks, 'Is coffee a fair trade for the farmer?'
Shaun Weston, 10 Apr 2013
See more Foodservice topics
According to a new report by Mintel, the fast food and takeaway market is expected to reach RMB 1.8 trillion by 2017 largely bolstered by rising economic power in lower-tier cities.
Euro-Colombian startup Juna is expanding into the UK with its nectar range made from guanábana, lulo, mora and mango fruit.
Douwe Egberts Professional's Espresso Bar concept is a gourmet vending solution that aims to improve the quality of vended coffee and the ingredients used.
- Boreal Water signs private label deal with Dean & Deluca
- Caffé Culture 2013, in pictures
- Artisanal ice cream set to grow in Australian ice cream market
- Pork Farms wins M&S award for runny Scotch egg
- The top 10 most valuable global brands 2013
- Seamless and Grubhub delivery services set to merge
- The top 12 US restaurants in 2013 (by cuisine)
- Howard Schultz honoured with Leadership Award
- FoodBev Media visits Asset Water Technology in Italy
- Starbucks appoints Deverl Maserang as executive VP global supply chain
- Waitrose to install concierge-style welcome desks
- Soho Coffee moves into leisure centre market