On 1 September, KFC became the first UK quick service restaurant to bring on-trend street food to the high street, adding a range of slow cooked pulled chicken products.
Market and shopper intelligence firm IRI has tracked the first significant decline in the sales (value and volume) of FMCG goods that it believes has ever been seen in Britain's Post-War grocery market history.
- Will brand giants such as Starbucks capitalise on 'independent' thinking?
Shaun Weston, 29 Aug 2014
- Retailers have been slow to develop the halal food market
Omaid Hiwaizi, Geometry Global, 19 Aug 2014
- Inactivity, not calorie consumption, behind rising obesity in the UK
Bill Bruce, 19 Aug 2014
- Do zero-packaging supermarkets actually work?
Richard Hall, 14 Aug 2014
- Over five million coolers in Europe by 2018
Bill Bruce, 13 Aug 2014
See more Foodservice topics
Bill Bruce and Claire Phoenix from the FoodBev team went along to sample the innovative food and drink stands at Jamie Oliver's Big Feastival in Oxford in the UK.
Tyson Foods has completed its merger with The Hillshire Brands Company, a transaction that positions Tyson Foods as a clear leader in the prepared foods business.
PHS Waterlogic has introduced new hot, cold, sparkling and ambient tabletop variants and new hot, cold and ambient versions of its freestanding water coolers in its Waterlogic 3 range.
- Cascade Ice sparkling drinks available in 7oz slim bottle
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons and form company based in Canada
- Starbucks trials mobile trucks on three US college campuses
- Classic Cuisine launches festive favourites
- McDonald's and Kraft join forces to expand McCafé brand in the US
- Iggesund Paperboard heat-resistant paper cups
- Royaan introduces oven snacks made with Crisp Sensation crumb coating
- Poor customer service is eroding consumer loyalty
- Holland & Barrett to launch 60 sports nutrition products
- Paneer Zinger from KFC India
- Grace Aloe Refresh by Funnybones Foodservice
- Starbucks Japan unveils Chocolate Brownie Frappuccino