Vending machines and kiosks can respond to gestures, and react to the age and gender of the customer, using a new Human Vision Component module by Omron.
UK-based vending operator City Vending Services will be moving to fully branded Douwe Egberts paper vending cups, supplied by cup partner Benders Paper Cups.
- Calories and beverage choices
Richard Hall, 21 Oct 2014
- Don't work with cashless payment systems until they're safeguarded
Mark Laurie, NCASS, 17 Sep 2014
- Over five million coolers in Europe by 2018
Bill Bruce, 13 Aug 2014
- Keurig invests serious money for home dispense
Richard Hall, 31 Jul 2014
- The rise of small portion packs
Claire Phoenix, 25 Jul 2014
See more Foodservice topics
- Foodservice > Catering
- Foodservice > Vending
MasterCard and Zwipe have announced their partnership for the launch of the world’s first contactless payment card featuring an integrated fingerprint sensor.
Apple has announced that customers will be able to make payments with their new iPhones from 20 October, when Apple Pay becomes available in the United States.
The launch of new vending equipment supply company, Smart Vend Solutions, is heralding the UK arrival of the world’s first vending machines enabled for facial recognition.
- Asia continues to dominate RTD coffee introductions
- Autobar completes debt restructuring and changes name to Pelican Rouge
- Natural Balance Foods updates Trek Protein Energy Bars
- Metcalfe's moves into savoury snacks – an interview with Fletcher Bowley
- Does the growing popcorn sector steal from crisps?
- Consumption of RTD cold coffee drinks increased over past two years
- Cuba Herbal Energy Juice now sold in Fresh Healthy Vending Machines
- PepsiCo to phase out HFCs in vending machines by 2020
- Italian water cooler manufacturer Blupura has launched BluSoda
- Barry Callebaut Beverages plans to expand customer base on the high street
- Raanan Zilberman from Eden Springs talks about the Nestlé Waters deal
- DS Services of America acquires Philadelphia territory of Coffee Pause