Scottish science company R-Biopharm Rhône has been asked to help Malaysian government officials test milk and milk products for mycotoxins.
'Superfruits' are gaining ground when it comes to consumer perception, and on a scientific basis, studies are under way to pinpoint their benefit. Claire Phoenix investigates.
- Retailers have been slow to develop the halal food market
Omaid Hiwaizi, Geometry Global, 19 Aug 2014
- Inactivity, not calorie consumption, behind rising obesity in the UK
Bill Bruce, 19 Aug 2014
- Fountain of youth beauty supplement
Claire Phoenix, 13 Aug 2014
- Over five million coolers in Europe by 2018
Bill Bruce, 13 Aug 2014
- Recent calls for a sugar tax are completely misguided
Gavin Partington, BSDA, 1 Aug 2014
See more Health topics
UK company Ten Acre manufactures hand-cooked crisps, with each pack being gluten-, dairy- and MSG-free. They also happen to be vegan, halal and kosher.
According to a recent survey by Canadean, coconut water remains a niche beverage in the UK, despite endorsements from celebrities such as Rihanna and the drink's much heard of health benefits.
Shaun Weston and Claire Phoenix recently attended the 2014 Speciality & Fine Food Fair, which took place at Olympia in London. Here is a selection of photos from the show.
- Jurajska mineral waters with magnesium and calcium
- Essentia Water secures private placement investment
- Secret Gardens pomegranate essence
- GanedenBC30 is first probiotic to be listed in Food Chemical Codex
- PepsiCo unveils Hydro-BID data management and modelling tool
- Heinz introduces Tomato Ketchup 50% Less Sugars
- Leonardo Laforgia talks about the launch of Oob pearl tea
- Enhance, portable liquid water enhancers
- Top 10 stories on FoodBev.com, August 2014
- Suntory to make its Australian soft drink debut with OVI
- UK dairy industry responds to misleading statements
- New gluten-free labelling rule on food packaging goes into effect in US