Cargill filed a lawsuit recently against Syngenta Seeds, seeking damages for commercialising Agrisure Viptera (MIR162) corn seed before the product obtained import approval from China.
International dairy company Fage has commented on the judgement that refuses Chobani permission to appeal to the Supreme Court as regards marketing its yogurt in the UK.
- Scotland's 'no' decision will be welcomed by food & drink industry
Peter Bennett, 19 Sep 2014
- The importance of 'prior art' in enforcing patent rights
Joanna Thurston, Withers & Rogers, 28 Aug 2014
- Inactivity, not calorie consumption, behind rising obesity in the UK
Bill Bruce, 19 Aug 2014
- Does Greek yogurt have to come from Greece?
Jeremy Pennant, D Young & Co, 11 Aug 2014
- How to protect your NPD activity with non-disclosure agreements
Peter Bennett, 6 Aug 2014
British Soft Drinks Association director general Gavin Partington has responded to a report in BMC Public Health, which calls for 100% sugar tax.
US supermarket chains are launching a TV advertising campaign to try to persuade voters to reject a ballot question that would expand Massachusetts' bottle deposit law.
Fenchem has received the formal notification for the product AstaMarin from the European Commission in accordance with Article 5 of Regulation EC No 258/97.
- Coca-Cola GB to adopt voluntary front-of-pack nutrition labelling scheme
- Recovered aluminium packaging can count towards national recycling targets
- GanedenBC30 is first probiotic to be listed in Food Chemical Codex
- NFU takes milk price fight to Brussels
- Top 10 stories on FoodBev.com, August 2014
- New gluten-free labelling rule on food packaging goes into effect in US
- R&D tax relief in the drinks sector – a Brewdog & Jumpstart case study
- Synlait Milk receives MPI approval for Risk Management Programme
- Evolva & Cargill patent application for Stevia Reb M has now published
- Two in three adults are overweight or obese in New Zealand
- Top 10 stories on FoodBev.com, July 2014
- Chobani still prevented from selling in the UK as 'Greek yogurt'