Silgan sales and marketing director Nick Brewin talks about the brand's new microwaveable plastic can food container, and the unique manufacturing process that goes into making it.
Bill Bruce interviews SmartSeal's Paal Steensland, who talks about active closures. The interview took place at Drinktec 2013 in Munich, Germany.
- A thought-provoking Packaging Innovations 2014
Andreas Exarheas, 3 Mar 2014
- Smart Lid – an innovation in safe packaging
Claire Phoenix, 27 Jan 2014
- Fiery and fun flavour trends for 2014
Claire Phoenix, 20 Jan 2014
- 10 packaging trends for 2014
Claire Phoenix, 20 Dec 2013
- My Drinktec 2013 highlights and impressions
Richard Hall, 20 Sep 2013
See more Packaging topics
Dairy Crest cheese brand Cathedral City is launching a new easy tear open packaging. It features a new tear-off strip to join the press-to-close seal featured on existing Cathedral City packs.
A selection of images from Packaging Innovations Birmingham 2014, including stands, products, manufacturing equipment and company representatives. Photos courtesy of Andreas Exarheas.
Packaging provider Global One-Pak (GOP) is launching its inaugural range of high viscosity products for the food industry.
- Hexacomb's HexStack packaging system for larger bottles
- Guala launches range of olive oil closures
- Germany's ageing population will need innovative packaging solutions
- Carlsberg to develop next-generation packaging for upcycling
- Julia Cole: the digital opportunity – for printers and brands
- Further encouragement to screw aluminium caps on bottles before recycling
- Pro Mach completes acquisition of André Zalkin
- Plastic beverage closures more popular than metal closures, says report
- Vimto to launch smaller version of its Sportscap bottle
- Pro Mach to acquire capping manufacturer André Zalkin
- Quick Dissolve Sugar and Pourable Brown Sugar in Flip-Top dispenser
- SnapQuick reclosing device by Ecolean