Diageo has invested $5.33m in a new canning line at a Canadian production plant, potentially increasing its capacity for ready-to-drink beverages by 500,000 cases per year.
A new protocol accounting for the aluminium packaging recovered from incinerator bottom ash (IBA) for recycling will allow PRNs to be issued on this material from 1 January 2015.
- BrauBeviale 2014 – a roller coaster of innovation
Claire Phoenix, 13 Nov 2014
- It's no longer acceptable for the packaging industry not to be sustainable
Mark Ringer, Anthem, 22 Jul 2014
- An overview of Packaging Innovations Birmingham 2014
Shaun Weston, 17 Mar 2014
- A thought-provoking Packaging Innovations 2014
Andreas Exarheas, 3 Mar 2014
- 10 packaging trends for 2014
Claire Phoenix, 20 Dec 2013
See more Packaging topics
Coca-Cola Enterprises has started production on a new £16.6m high-speed canning line, which has nearly doubled capacity at one if its UK facilities.
Swedish fruit cider brand Älska has launched two new seasonal flavours and expanded its range of packaging formats with the market's "first" slimline can.
With less than five months until entries close for the World Beverage Innovation Awards 2015 at BrauBeviale, FoodBev Media is pleased to announce a strong sponsor line-up.
- Packaging innovator develops yogurt-repellent foil lid for yogurt pots
- Ball Corporation to start producing beverage can ends in Poland
- Crown designs new metal packaging for Scotch whisky brands
- Infographic: Crown highlights food waste issue for Earth Day 2015
- Ball Corporation invests in new beverage can production plant in Mexico
- Rexam partners with Heineken Russia on 'elaborate' can design
- Novelis launches 'infinitely recyclable' aluminium packaging material
- UK can makers' representative body appoints Martin Constable as chairman
- Rexam creates cans for Portuguese beer brand's limited edition designs
- Cucumber essence drink Qcumber adds 250ml can format
- Rexam develops new can format for award-winning Welsh ale
- Independent cider maker launches new pack design and extended portfolio