Milliken & Company has unveiled plans for a major capacity expansion of its Millad NX 8000 clarifying agent for polypropylene (PP) at its Allen facility in Blacksburg, South Carolina.
Nestlé Waters Canada has unveiled Perrier Sparkling Natural Spring Water in 1-litre PET packaging, continuing its transition from glass to 'convenient, lighter and safer plastic bottles'.
- An overview of Packaging Innovations Birmingham 2014
Shaun Weston, 17 Mar 2014
- A thought-provoking Packaging Innovations 2014
Andreas Exarheas, 3 Mar 2014
- The race for packaging innovation
Richard Hall, 25 Feb 2014
- 10 packaging trends for 2014
Claire Phoenix, 20 Dec 2013
- Creating a more sustainable gallon jug for milk
Gail Barnes, 3 Dec 2013
See more Packaging topics
New titanium catalyst technology for the industrial production of PET is now being adopted as manufacturers and processors seek to eliminate the use of the heavy metal catalyst antimony oxide.
A direct digital printing system designed specifically for plastic bottles, the new Krones DecoType machine can print heights of up to 200mm using UV inks.
The Cabreiroá brand, owned by Spain's Hijos de Rivera, is being revitalised with a new PET bottle range and collection of six pressure sensitive labels, printed by Spear.
- SunOpta to expand aseptic processing and packaging operations in Modesto
- TG400 green laser by Technifor
- Biome Bioplastics shortlisted in BusinessGreen Awards for coffee pod
- Husky Luxembourg celebrates 30th anniversary
- Sidel to participate in Juice Africa 2014
- Gruppo Francia reduces packaging weight of Aldi's Cucina Mozzarella
- Cravendale updates milk packaging and launches 3-litre format
- Nampak Plastics wins award for sustainable business leadership
- Petainer announces refinancing with QInvest and Česká Spořitelna
- Berry Plastics to acquire Rexam healthcare containers and closures business
- Unilever adds two new flavours to Colman’s BBQ sauces range
- RPC Group joins 'Save Food' initiative