Our helpful guide below should contain all you need to know about the Asia Food Innovation Awards, but if you have any other queries please don’t hesitate to call us on +44 (0)1225 327855 or email [email protected].
Best food-service/catering product
Best convenience food
Best health/wellness product
Best artisan product
Best ‘free-from’ product
Best children’s product
Best packaging design
Best convenience or on-the-go packaging
Best technology innovation
Best sustainable packaging
Best ingredient innovation
1. Simply click ‘Enter Now’, select the category/ies you wish to enter and then fill out the personal details form on the right hand side.
2. Each standard entry costs £195. Once you have paid, you will be sent a confirmation email with a unique username and password so that you can log into your awards portal to submit your entry.
3. All we ask for is a 200-word description of why you think your product should win and two medium sized high-resolution images (jpeg and png files only).
a. In this section you can also add a link to additional information you feel will support your entry, this must be hosted externally (YouTube, Webpage, Google Drive etc.). Any uploads not in the above formats will not be passed onto our judges for consideration.
b. Please make sure to communicate clearly how your product is genuinely innovative, introduces new concepts, offers added value and has market impact.
You can enter multiple categories or products but each standard entry is £195 (+VAT).
Enter before 3rd May to receive a 20% Early Bird Discount!
We also have a reduced small business rate of £125 and an exclusive discounted price of £150 for exhibitors of RPB Asia and SFFA. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
We accept all major credit and debit cards. Entries are to be paid via credit/debit card and on receipt of payment you will be sent a confirmation email with a PDF e-receipt attached as proof of purchase.
If you are unable to pay by credit/debit card then please contact us on +44 (0)1225 327855 or email [email protected]
Once you have paid, you will be sent a confirmation email with a unique username and password so that you can log into your awards portal to submit your entry. All we ask for is a 200 word description on why you think your product should win and two medium sized high-resolution images (jpeg and png files only).
In this section you can also add a link to additional information you feel will support your entry, this must be hosted externally (YouTube, Webpage, Google Drive etc.). Any uploads not in the above formats will not be passed onto our judges for consideration.
Please make sure to communicate clearly how your product is genuinely innovative, introduces new concepts, offers added value and has market impact.
The awards ceremony will take place on 18 July 2019 at RPB Asia and Speciality Fine Foods Asia in Singapore.
While we would be very pleased to see you there, attending is not a condition of entering the awards.
All products entered must have been launched/created from February 2018 onwards.
Products that are not yet in the market can still be entered as long as they are in their prototype/packaging stage by the closing date of this scheme. Products can be entered into multiple categories.
All products must:
• be fit for purpose and fit for market
• be able to justify or support any claims made
• clearly communicate benefits – from nutrition, health and functionality, to fun or simple refreshment. On-pack communications must be clear and meet government guidelines where applicable.
Newcomer brands or businesses which have:
• delivered a unique proposition either with their products in respect of genuine ingredient or packaging innovation – or through effectively communicating consumer benefits and/or through environmental sustainability, CSR or ethical behaviour.
New ingredients that offer:
• measurable advantages for manufacturers and/or consumers
• added value for producers and consumers in terms of health, nutrition, taste, mouthfeel, or sweetness
• market impact: for developing a product category or extending consumer choice.
Packaging innovation that:
• measurably improves consumer convenience and usability – ease of use/opening dispensing/extends shelf-life
• offers added value for brand owners and creates differentiation
• creates new consumption occasion opportunities
• makes a measurable contribution to environmental sustainability:
– through reduction in raw material use/lightweighting/water and energy conservation
– consideration of post-consumer waste recovery/recycling/reuse.
Packaging designs that:
• achieves effective stand-out through excellent and original design
• effectively communicates ingredients and health benefits
Manufacturing or processing innovations which deliver specific benefits and represent real breakthroughs in the following areas:
• new technologies saving time or money in food manufacturing and throughout the distribution chain
• improving environmental sustainability criteria: – managing energy or water use; lightweighting product; reducing carbon footprint through implementation of new technologies
• improving packing line efficiency and safety
• smart technologies to improve tracking.
Sustainability initiatives which create measurable environmental benefits in the following areas:
• light weighting of packaging/post-consumer waste reduction
• water and energy conservation
• environmental initiatives that make a major contribution to a company’s published Corporate Social Responsibility reporting.
Marketing campaigns, activations, store promotions, print, online, social media, or point of sale campaigns that:
• entertain, inform or educate consumers
• demonstrate originality.
• promote or provide education around specific themes such as: nutrition; portion control; weight management.
• promote the importance of energy balance ie balancing calories consumed with those expended through exercise.
Aspects of a product which directly reflect the following issues may be taken into account:
• the health and nutrition debate
• use of ingredients and portion control
• the environment – from innovative and responsible packaging to packaging waste to ‘food miles’.
FoodBev Media reserve the right to extend the closing deadline and amend categories. We also reserve the right to shorten entry titles for the purpose of the awards presentation and winner’s trophies. Please try and keep your entry title concise and to the point.
The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into or feedback given regarding the selection of shortlisted nominations or winners.
All submissions must be made online. Once entries are submitted, they will go forward for judging. Entries must be paid before the judging date. Entries not paid for will be taken out of the judging process and therefore, the awards.
All cancellations need to be received in writing within 7 days of your entry or by 5pm (GMT) on the deadline day, whichever is soonest. Cancellations after this date cannot be accepted therefore refunds can’t be issued and any outstanding invoices will remain payable. Entries made through the request of invoice rather than payment by credit card will not be included in the judging process if the invoice remains unpaid on the deadline day. However, the invoice remains payable if the cancellation criteria above have not been met.
After the entry deadline entries cannot be withdrawn, and refunds cannot be given.
All entries must be supplied and conform to rules/submission formats. Any entries containing offensive material or false claims will be disqualified.
Our awards are completely digital so no samples are required to compete. This helps keep costs down and logistics simple for our clients. As our awards are global, so must our judging panel be.
For each of our entrants to send samples to each of our judges across the world is expensive and can cause unpredictable delays at customs. We have entries that would need to stay chilled/frozen or are not on the market yet and want to stay confidential until launch time.
As a truly global awards scheme, we are proud to stand out amongst crowd, so the AFIA focus on concept, innovation, and the idea behind the product.
Our judging panel of seasoned industry experts will carefully review each submission against the judging criteria. After much deliberation they choose their top five in each category. Scores are collated to reveal the winners and finalists in each category!
Our awards are based on innovation, therefore all entries will be judged based on the concept of their product as opposed to taste. All judges will be basing their scores against the entrants 200 word description they upload alongside their supporting imagery and documentation. This is to ensure that all judging is fair and that all judging is based on exactly what the entrant has supplied.
35% of all entries are shortlisted as finalists, and a winner is awarded in each category from amongst finalists.
• The case – An overview of the product/innovation/initiative
• Business driver – Targeted business benefits, context, customer insight
• The creative innovation – The solution to the identified customer/industry need
• The impact – The effectiveness of the product/innovation/initiative.
Once all judges have submitted their scores, all points will be counted and verified.
Due to the sheer amount of entries, we will only be notifying entrants that have been shortlisted and will contact them no later than July 2019.
We have a range of sponsorship opportunities for this awards scheme. Make a lasting impression and extend your reach by headlining the Asia Food Innovation Awards.
Sponsor the category you’re a pioneer of and draw attention to your latest products or technologies.
Affiliate your name with the winners in your industry and reach your target audience.
For more information about a package that suits you, contact our team today on +44 (0)1225 327862, email [email protected].
If you have a query about the awards, call us on +44 (0)1225 327855 or email [email protected].
+44 (0)1225 327855
© FoodBev Media Ltd 2019
World Beverage Innovation Awards – ENTER NOW!
The awards celebrate excellence and innovation across the global beverage industry.
Don’t miss out on having your innovations recognised on a global scale.