Carlsberg has completed the full acquisition of Greece’s second-largest brewer Olympic Brewery, strengthening the brand’s position in the southern European market.
Carlsberg acquired a majority 51% stake in Olympic in 2014, and has now purchased the remaining 49% of shares for an undisclosed sum.
Olympic brews and distributes a number of Greece’s biggest beer brands, such as Mythos, Mythos Radler, FIX Hellas, FIX Alcohol-free, FIX Dark, Kaiser and Henninger.
The brewer operates two breweries in Greece, one in Thessaloniki and one in Euboea, and employs over 450 members of staff.
Carlsberg Group CEO, Cees ‘t Hart says: “Olympic Brewery is a historic Greek company and a very strong player in the Greek market.
“It is thus a positive and logical next step that we announce today, strengthening our presence in Southern Europe.”
© FoodBev Media Ltd 2022
World Beverage Innovation Awards – NOW OPEN FOR ENTRIES!
The awards celebrate excellence and innovation across the global beverage industry.
Don’t miss out on having your innovations recognised on a global scale.
Deadline for entries 23 July – enter now!
Don’t get left behind
Start your free Foodbev magazine trial today and join thousands of fellow industry professionals in receiving food and drink trends direct to our business.
Click here to start your free trial