Unit case volume increased 2%, successfully cycling 5% growth in the prior year quarter. Internationally, the company achieved broad-based unit case volume growth of 4%, cycling 7% growth in the prior year quarter. In the quarter, unit case volume growth increased strongly in key emerging markets, with 37% growth in India, 15% growth in China and 3% growth in Brazil.
Globally, the company gained volume and value share in non-alcoholic ready-to-drink beverages for the ninth consecutive quarter. The global ‘Open Happiness’ campaign continued to fuel growth of brand Coca-Cola.
Notably, brand Coca-Cola unit case volume growth was strong, up 2% in the quarter, across both developed and emerging markets including 8% growth in Mexico, 6% growth in Italy, 27% growth in India and 3% growth in China.
Total sparkling beverage unit case volume increased 1% in the quarter, with international sparkling beverage unit case volume increasing 2%, cycling 5% growth in the prior year quarter. Total still beverage unit case volume increased 7% in the quarter, led by sound growth across the portfolio, including juices and fruit stills, teas and water brands. Still beverage unit case volume increased 10% internationally and was even in North America.
“I’m pleased to report that we have again delivered solid results this quarter,” said Muhtar Kent, chairman and CEO, The Coca-Cola Company. “We continue to grow our currency neutral revenues, gain global non-alcoholic ready-to-drink volume and value share, expand our margins and invest in our business, all while generating tremendous cash flow.
“This is a dynamic time in the history and evolution of our company. With our 2020 Vision, we have a clear Coca-Cola system vision for the future of our business, and we’re applying that vision in our strategic planning, system alignment and focused execution. Each day, we work diligently to make our company stronger for the future and to ensure that we continue driving long-term sustainable results, while delivering the beverages that consumers love.”
Source: The Coca-Cola Company
© FoodBev Media Ltd 2020
World Dairy Innovation Awards – OPEN FOR EARLY BIRD ENTRIES!
The awards celebrate excellence and innovation across the global dairy industry.
Don’t miss out on having your innovations recognised on a global scale.
Early bird deadline 19 March – enter now!